PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from Houston

Joel Anderson
10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
My name is Joel and I thought I'd drop a note and say hello, and share a little about myself.

I have been working canstruction and A/C for the past six years, with breaks here and there to attend collage. Haven't finished yet, because full-time work and school at the same time is rough. I plan on finishing by the end of 09, by taking on-line courses.
Eventually I came around and decided that it would be the perfect time in my life to open my own business and, with the training I already had, I decided to shoot for the home inspection field. I have just recieved my license and opened the doors to my business.
I found this message board while looking for some information on the web. This looks like a great resource for inspectors, so I thought I'd just drop in and introduce myself.

Nice to meet ya'll!

Wayne Carlisle
10-29-2008, 12:21 PM
Welcome aboard! One thing about it....you will definitely get a vast amount of opinions that you can choose or make your own with!

By the way what is canstruction? You build cans?:)

Wayne

John Arnold
10-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Joel - If you haven't found it yet, there is a searchable archive from the previous incarnation of this board at
InspectionNews.com - Home Inspection Home Inspector Inspection Report (http://www.inspectionnews.com/cgi-bin/ubb-cgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&category=1) .
Or, click on the left side where it says Message Board and pick Board Archive at the bottom of the menu.
There's years of questions and answers there.
Good luck!

Rick Hurst
10-29-2008, 02:01 PM
Welcome Joel, but don't give up on that collage. :D

Your going to find that the HI biz is in a tough time right now. If your serious about the business you need to be prepared for some slow times while the consumer confidence attempts to rebound.

If you have a full time job, stick with it and maybe try to do the HI biz on a part time level.

JMHO