PDA

View Full Version : 5 Point Inspection

James Bohac
10-30-2008, 06:08 AM
A friend of mine's insurance company will consider quoting the house as built 2007, rather than 1958 if he can provide a 5 Point Inspection. Apparently verifying a total remodel including total rewire, re-plumb, heat/air, water heater,roof and windows.
Has anyone heard of or performed a 5 point inspection and where do I find more info?

Tks

Scott Patterson
10-30-2008, 07:52 AM
A friend of mine's insurance company will consider quoting the house as built 2007, rather than 1958 if he can provide a 5 Point Inspection. Apparently verifying a total remodel including total rewire, re-plumb, heat/air, water heater,roof and windows.
Has anyone heard of or performed a 5 point inspection and where do I find more info?

Tks

Very common requirement by insurance providers on older homes. If you are a member of ASHI you can access a form that they have for this in the members section. If not ask the agent if they have specific form or if you could just report on each item they want inspected.

Jerry Peck
10-30-2008, 09:15 AM
Apparently verifying a total remodel including total rewire, re-plumb, heat/air, water heater,roof and windows.

For what you described, you don't need a 4 or 5 point inspection, you need to obtain a copy of the permits, inspections, and CO.

Anything short of doing that and *you* become the one "verifying a total remodel" and stating that * all that work was done "properly" *.

I would not want that liability.

James Bohac
10-30-2008, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the replys,
I do not see how someone can accurately verify if the home was truly remodeled properly without doing some type of invasive inspection. I personally know that the home was remodeled at different stages over the years and by different contractors. I live across the street.
I think I will pass on this job.