PDA

View Full Version : Ahh....that's nice

Kent Keith
11-01-2008, 06:40 PM
A station by my house. Miss seeing that first digit as a 1. Hope it lasts.

Ted Menelly
11-01-2008, 06:43 PM
A station by my house. Miss seeing that first digit as a 1. Hope it lasts.

I hear about some staions dumping the price for a day or 2 and they get mobbed. Is this station one of those or is this the real deal.

Ron Bibler
11-01-2008, 06:43 PM
What are we going back in time...

hold on Martha...

Ron

Kent Keith
11-01-2008, 06:48 PM
I hear about some staions dumping the price for a day or 2 and they get mobbed. Is this station one of those or is this the real deal.

No, it's the real deal. I'm on the west side of town. I have three stations, one RaceTrac and two Valero stations with this same price for three days now.

Victor DaGraca
11-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Does anyone have any idea why diesel, a less refined product, cost more than gasoline?

Ted Menelly
11-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Does anyone have any idea why diesel, a less refined product, cost more than gasoline?

I think one reason is due to a higher tax because of polution but thats all I heard, I have not checked into it. Also they get better milage so they feel they can charge you more. Shame on you for driving a better milage vehicle :confused:

Ted Menelly
11-01-2008, 07:21 PM
No, it's the real deal. I'm on the west side of town. I have three stations, one RaceTrac and two Valero stations with this same price for three days now.

I just bought gas Yesterday. Beach and 820 and paid about 2.35

I guess they like you folks better over there

Kent Keith
11-01-2008, 07:53 PM
I just bought gas Yesterday. Beach and 820 and paid about 2.35

I guess they like you folks better over there

But not as nice as in Burleson.
http://www.fortworthgasprices.com/

Ted Menelly
11-01-2008, 08:05 PM
But not as nice as in Burleson.
http://www.fortworthgasprices.com/

Starting to get a tingle over that. Been a long, long time for those prices.

I just heard yesterday about the massive proffits Exon and others reaped from the higher price per barrel. Insane. They pay more and charge us twice as much.

Insane dollar figures that we could only have nightmares about.

Lee Nettnin
11-02-2008, 06:12 AM
Guess I had better move, still paying 3.16 to 3.20. I get excited when I see it below 3.00.
Gotta love NY taxes!!!

Scott Patterson
11-02-2008, 06:53 AM
I filled up my truck yesterday for $39.50, two months ago it cost me $75!

Two years ago it cost around $35 to fill up the truck.

Diesel has a higher road tax and the formulation changed a couple years back so that it burns cleaner with lower sulfur emissions. Farm or agricultural diesel is about half of the price (no tax), it is dyed a different color so if a trucker is stopped with farm diesel they will be ticketed.

David Banks
11-02-2008, 08:11 AM
$2.35 here.

Victor DaGraca
11-02-2008, 08:41 AM
$2.18 at Sam's club.

Look here for a gas station near you.

AAA Directions - Gas Prices (http://csaa.kivera.com/csaa/gaspricefinder.jsp)

Vern Heiler
11-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Wonder where the price goes after the election?

Victor DaGraca
11-03-2008, 01:01 PM
Well, if Osama wins, he will be attempting to place taxes on high earners. Fuel producing companies fall into that category.
Let's see a show of hands.....

Who here doesn't believe that those tax hikes won't be passed along to joe schmoe, the consumer?

BOHICA

Jerry Peck
11-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Well, if Osama wins, he will be attempting to place taxes on high earners. Fuel producing companies fall into that category.
Let's see a show of hands.....

Who here doesn't believe that those tax hikes won't be passed along to joe schmoe, the consumer?

BOHICA

You asked for this, so here it is:

Well, if McCain wins, he will call his Big Oil buddies and say "Okay, that helped me win. Thank you. Now, time to jack the prices back up and break $5 per gallon, and, don't forget, *I* get my $0.25 per gallon cut like you promised."

Let's see a show of hands ...

Who here doesn't believe that those gas prices won't be raised back up NO NEW TAXES or not?

:D

Sorry, Victor, I thought we were getting out of this politics stuff, but ... if you want to *keep it going*, *I* will oblige you. :rolleyes:

YOUR call.

Victor DaGraca
11-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Well, if McCain wins, he will call his Big Oil buddies and say "Okay, that helped me win. Thank you. Now, time to jack the prices back up and break $5 per gallon, and, don't forget, *I* get my $0.25 per gallon cut like you promised."
l.

Jerry;
Do you, in your heart of hearts, really believe what you just wrote?

Ted Menelly
11-03-2008, 02:24 PM
You asked for this, so here it is:

Let's see a show of hands ...

Who here doesn't believe that those gas prices won't be raised back up NO NEW TAXES or not?

:D

Sorry, Victor, I thought we were getting out of this politics stuff, but ... if you want to *keep it going*, *I* will oblige you. :rolleyes:

YOUR call.

Fact of the matter is a few days ago the cartle voted to cut back production so they could pump the world full of a huge demand is on them and supply and demand says we can pump the prices up. The worse thing that ever happened to gas prices is they formed the cartel and all get together and judge the world economics to see if they can sneek prices back up and what story to tell. There has been talk of a natural gas cartel forming so they can do the same thing.

No Jerry. McCain is not getting a payoff. Now you are being guilty of what you are syaing about others.

Victor DaGraca
11-03-2008, 03:02 PM
I heard some talk a while back of a law suit being filed in the World Court (whatever that is) against OPEC for "price fixing".
Wonder how that's going. (he said, holding his breath)

Jerry McCarthy
11-03-2008, 03:30 PM
The so called "free market" is an expression that has lost all meaning since Reagan was in office. If anybody doesn't believe that most of the world market's are rigged I'd like a puff of whatever they're smoking?

Ted Menelly
11-03-2008, 04:17 PM
The so called "free market" is an expression that has lost all meaning since Reagan was in office. If anybody doesn't believe that most of the world market's are rigged I'd like a puff of whatever they're smoking?

I second that comment. I hope its good stuff :)

Jerry Peck
11-03-2008, 05:46 PM

Jerry;
Do you, in your heart of hearts, really believe what you just wrote?

You betcha.

Faster than I got back here and read your reply.

He is a "politician", he has been in Congress for a very long time, you don't think he has taken his share (what he considers 'his share') of graft and payola? You really don't think that, do you?

How many houses does he own? (clue: even he forgets how many he has) Now THAT is "too many".

Ted Menelly
11-03-2008, 06:31 PM
You betcha.

Faster than I got back here and read your reply.

He is a "politician", he has been in Congress for a very long time, you don't think he has taken his share (what he considers 'his share') of graft and payola? You really don't think that, do you?

How many houses does he own? (clue: even he forgets how many he has) Now THAT is "too many".

Jerry

The guy makes moe than a 250,000 a year at his job plus benefit and expenses and his wife is worth over 100,000,000.00.

Not everyone is a crook. Not everyone is on the take and no one has come forth saying he is on the take or a crook. If he was it would have been out by now.

Not that I am sticking up for him because I am not sure if he is the right man for Pres but his opponent isn't either.

We don't have just a tiny touch of the cynical do we

Jim Robinson
11-03-2008, 06:55 PM
Is anyone using E=85 ethanol in their trucks? I saw it for sale outside of Denver for $1.99. We don't seem to have much of it here, or at least not in my area. My brother is a mechanic, and he thought it would run just fine in any vehicle built after 1996, because of the computer set ups in the newer cars.

Jerry McCarthy
11-03-2008, 07:38 PM
How soon we forget!
Keating Five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five)

Kevin Barre
11-03-2008, 08:12 PM
How soon we forget!
Keating Five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five)
Let's look at the important part: "Senators John Glenn and John McCain were cleared of having acted improperly."

Here's a quote from your article, WC Jerry: DeConcini told Keating that McCain was nervous about interfering.[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five#cite_note-az-keating-6) Keating called McCain a "wimp" behind his back, and on March 24, Keating and McCain had a heated, contentious meeting.[11] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keating_Five#cite_note-alex-k5-1-10)

NOTE ALSO that 4 of the "Keating 5" were Democrats.

And for those of you who still ignorantly believe that the Republican Party is completely in the pocket of the oil industry, let me ask a simple question: If the Republicans controlled Big Oil and vice-versa, why wouldn't the oil industry have intervened in the form of lower gas costs well prior to the election to assure the Republicans a boost at the polls? After all, they had record profits...surely they could have artificially dropped prices for 6 months or so to help the Republicans, no?

Come on people...it's not that simple.

Think for yourselves. Look into the issues and what each candidate has actually DONE and who they associate WITH.

Victor DaGraca
11-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Kevin;

"there are none so blind as they that will not see"

It's all about the "change".
Which is what everyone will have left after he takes the rest to give to the "downtrodden"

No corporation pays taxes.

Taxes are the "cost of doing business" and get rolled into the price of the final product.

The consumer winds up paying the corporate taxes.

That's right folks, You 'n me will pay for those higher corporate taxes.

BOHICA

Victor DaGraca
11-03-2008, 09:56 PM
You betcha.

I'm really saddened to hear that Jerry.