PDA

View Full Version : New heart plumbing

Tony Mount
11-06-2008, 11:23 AM
Well, it looks like I need new pipes added to the old heart. I have been loosing stamina and having pain in my throat for the past 3 months. I have a long history of heart disease in my family and I am 3 years younger than my father was when he had his first of two bypasses. I will be going in the hospital Monday at 8 am for 4 bypasses and will be out of commission for about 2 months. I would appreciate your prayers and look forward to coming back to the board as soon as I can. Thanks Tony Mount

David Banks
11-06-2008, 12:18 PM
Tony. My mother had the same thing at 75 years old and came out well and her quality of life has much improved.
Wish you well.

Wayne Carlisle
11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
I am 3 years younger than my father who has had bypass twice now.

Busy guy for his age!

Kidding aside, I hope everything goes right. Prayers will be sent your way!

Hang it there! It will get better!

God Bless
Wayne

Nick Ostrowski
11-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Prayers sent Tony. Get well and come back soon.

Rick Hurst
11-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Tony,

Will be thinking about you and hope everything goes well. Are you going into OKC to have it done?

Wishing your family well.

Rick Hurst

Jerry Peck
11-06-2008, 03:28 PM
Hoping the new plumbing fixes your problems and makes things into "working as intended" condition.

Scott Patterson
11-06-2008, 03:48 PM
Tony, I just added you to the prayer list at our church. Hope it all goes well and you have a quick recovery.

Rick Cantrell
11-06-2008, 04:19 PM
Tony
You are in my prayers.

Ted Menelly
11-06-2008, 04:28 PM
My brother just had a They call it the widow maker when that main artery is that blocked. They cleaned that one and another out that was 40% blocked. He came out better than ever. I am sure things will go well.

Good luck Tony

Rick Hurst
11-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Ted,

You should work for Hallmark Cards.:D

rick

Ted Menelly
11-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Ted,

You should work for Hallmark Cards.:D

rick

You didn't know that that was my second job ?

I did leave a few words out and screw others up didn't I. Oh well. At least my reports looked good today. Just picked up another for Saturday.

Mike Schulz
11-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Best of luck Tony. We'll be pulling for you. Use Pex, poly doesn't hold up.:)

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
11-06-2008, 06:03 PM
tony
good luck and i will pray for your healthy recovery--god bless

charlie

Ron Bibler
11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Wellcome to the ZIPPER CLUB... Hey Tony everything will be just fine. I had a 3 way bypass done 6 years back in and out 6 day... when you get out of the surgery have some gum around this will keep your mouth wet as they will not let you have any water for a time. works great... next get the nurse to get you
the ice cream from there secret room all floors have one.and time day or night.

The Doc's are just great with this stuff today.

Your in my prayers

Your little brother in Christ.

Ron

Rick Cantrell
11-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Tony
I saw you had a post on another thread. Glad to see your OK.

David Banks
11-17-2008, 04:51 AM
Tony
I saw you had a post on another thread. Glad to see your OK.

Maybe he is not OK? He forgot to post here first!

Darrel Hood
11-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Tony,
I had my heart's plumbing worked on 13 months ago. There's a little discipline involved in taking care of myself, but not much. I was back at full speed in just a few months. Good luck and God bless.

Darrel Hood
DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES

Tony Mount
11-19-2008, 06:21 AM
Well, Praise God, and all of you that prayed on my behalf, praise God. The surgery went very well, and I too had the widow maker just like your brother's Ted. Ron, you were absolutely right about the gum and ice cream, and they did not use staples on my chest only glue, so I might be a member of the zipper lock club. I' am just now getting over the hallucinations from the pain pills when I try to sleep and starting to look for a normal routine. I can't use my arms for anything other than blowing my nose, and holding my pillow to my chest for the next 6 to 8 weeks. I' am up and around walking to the street corner and back every day and feel very little pain. I look like I've been hit by a train with new holes being found on my body daily. They removed the veins from only my left leg with fluoroscopic which means 3 small cuts. Darryl, just like you said, with a little discipline involved in taking care of myself, I will be back at full speed in just a few months. Thank You all again for your prayers

David Banks
11-19-2008, 06:27 AM
Good for you Tony! Keep walking that is what helped my Mom the most.

Darrel Hood
11-19-2008, 06:52 AM
Tony, patience is not my strong point, but it should have been. Try to find a balance between aggressive recovery and stubborn macho pushing. I found out the hard way that the stubborn pushing gets real painful, but I did get 4 extra days of ice cream in the hospital.

You take care and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Darrel Hood
DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES

Rick Hurst
11-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Tony,

Glad to hear that all went well with your surgery.

Do what they say as in getting the exercise and watching the ole diet. Can't be hanging out at the Braum's as much now.

Soon you'll be back to feeling like an 18yr. old. :D

Rick Hurst

Ron Bibler
11-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Tony the very best thing you can do for your heart now is.

LOTS OF SEX.:D THIS WILL GET THE OLD HEART WORKING!:D

Best

Ron

Rick Hurst
11-19-2008, 10:33 AM
LETS HIM GET BACK HOME FIRST RON. :D

He may not have that kind of insurance coverage to cover the hospital sex. LOL

rick

Jerry McCarthy
11-19-2008, 05:08 PM
Long walks sure helped me after they put a pace-maker in my chest. It's also amusing to see such obvious defects in the old neighborhood when you walk that you have driven by for years without noticing... Be well Tony.

Steve Reilly
11-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Tony,

Glad to see you made it through just take your time in the healing process do not lift anything. If you push it to early you will have a big set back. Had mine two years ago.

Steve Reilly

Ron Bibler
11-20-2008, 12:46 AM
So Steve and Jerry that puts a few of us in the ZIPPER CLUB.

When i got home 6 days after i went out to the garage lifted the garage door and started up my Harley... The wife came out of the house! She had a look on her face :eek: like she was going to KILL me... It must of been a trying time for her... But i just had to start up the bike. good to be home and the sound of that Harley was good for the heart...

Best

Ron

Kyle Smith
11-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Hey! Less surfing. More spirometer.

Brian Hannigan
11-21-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi Tony,

I'm happy to hear that all went well and you are on the road to recovery.

Glad to have you back.