PDA

View Full Version : New Rookie, appreciate any starting tips

Larry Green
11-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the business, I'm here as Mr. Sponge
because I'm here to soak up as much wisdom as possible, also to share whatever knowledge I can with the inspection family. Working here in
Central Florida.
Regards,
LG

Ron Bibler
11-11-2008, 11:15 PM
So how are ya Larry. great to have you around.

My best tip. Take it easy go over everything 2 or 3 time. I will sometimes inspect the out side 3 times go one way and then the other just walk around and around. just take your time. don't get your shorts in a bunch. :eek: you will get a lot of this board, some of the best inspectors in the country are hear. I have been inspect for some 30 years and these guys teach me things all the time...

Best

Ron

Erby Crofutt
11-12-2008, 06:14 AM
Try some of this stuff:

Home Inspector Startup (http://activerain.com/blogsview/130362/Kentucky-Home-Inspector-Startup)

-

John Arnold
11-12-2008, 06:25 AM
In this market? Brings to mind the old Steve Martin routine about how to become a millionaire in 3 easy steps:

First, get a million dollars...

Scott Patterson
11-12-2008, 06:29 AM
Hello everyone, I'm new to the business, I'm here as Mr. Sponge
because I'm here to soak up as much wisdom as possible, also to share whatever knowledge I can with the inspection family. Working here in
Central Florida.
Regards,
LG

One sage piece of advice is to realize that you will not become rich as a home inspector, but you can make a good living after you become established.

If you have a spouse that has a good paying full-time job and they have the benefits then this makes being a home inspector so much easier. Actually, this is true for just about anyone that is self employed.

I see that you are in Central Florida, you are in the middle of a bunch of other inspectors, so you need to set yourself apart from the "others". Find a special niche that makes you standout from the others.

Richard Stanley
11-12-2008, 06:39 AM
First, get a million dollars...

Actually, in these times, if you want a million, you had better start with 2.

Jerry Peck
11-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Working here in Central Florida.

Larry,

Click on the User CP link and add your city to your location, it helps us.

For instance - What part of "Central Florida"? Which city?

There are a couple of us here from "Central Florida".