PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Stinger Battery

Martin lehman
12-14-2008, 03:06 PM
Any recommendations where(website) to buy a backup battery for my Ultra Stinger?
Thanks

Paul Kondzich
12-14-2008, 03:10 PM
If you have a local Batteries Plus store they should have them in stock there. Probably a better price then having to pay shipping too, I would think.

John Arnold
12-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Take a look at CopQuest.com . Sometimes they have good prices.

Eric Barker
12-14-2008, 07:16 PM
Apparently there are a couple of batteries available for the Ultra-Stinger - be sure of which one is correct for your flashlight - they're not interchangeable. BatteriesPlus catalog may not distinguish between them. The difference is on the end of the battery - one has the positive and negative contacts on opposite ends, the other, both contacts are on the same end. I have no idea why it's this way.

Ted Menelly
12-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Apparently there are a couple of batteries available for the Ultra-Stinger - be sure of which one is correct for your flashlight - they're not interchangeable. BatteriesPlus catalog may not distinguish between them. The difference is on the end of the battery - one has the positive and negative contacts on opposite ends, the other, both contacts are on the same end. I have no idea why it's this way.

Never relized there were 2 different batteries for an ultra stinger. I alwys just bought what ever said ultra stinger. I always go the same one.

I buy through copquest or professional equipment. You can save a couple bucks other places. Professional equipment gives discounts from time to time when you buy thru them.

Martin Compton
12-15-2008, 06:20 PM
I recently bought an off brand back-up battery for an Ultra Stinger. When I was looking on the internet, I found the descriptions of batteries confusing and inconsistent from site-to-site. The battery you want is a model FLB-NCD-2 6V Ni-Cd. It charged up and works as a back-up. I would "Google" "Ultra Stinger Battery" for starters. The first one that pops up is e-batterystore with a price of $13.75 plus shipping.

Rick Hurst
12-15-2008, 07:23 PM
If you can find a local police supply store, most have reasonable prices on batteries for the flashlights we as HI's tend to use.

rick

Scott Patterson
12-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I just paid $22 for one at a local battery store.

Nolan Kienitz
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Good prices here: Battery packs for laptops, camcorders, cellular found at EVS Supply (http://www.evssupply.com/home.asp)

But then they are just down the highway from where I live.