PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Coach / Tools

Jayne Schaefer
12-15-2008, 04:48 PM
Does anyone have any experience with Ken Compton's program? I know that he offers a lot and have read rave reviews of all of the information and materials he provides, but does anyone have any experience with success rate/ROI on the coaching and programs he offers?

Randy King
12-15-2008, 07:26 PM
I know a couple of individuals who have had the chance to use his programs/ideas and they say it has been ok. Some of it is far-fetched and not sucessful, while being a part of his services has brought them some ideas. All in all, lets face it there is only so many people to market to and how to market to them and chances are you don't need a marketing coach to tell you that. Just my .02

Jayne Schaefer
12-15-2008, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Randy.

I'd appreciate hearing from others, as well.

Scott Patterson
12-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Save your money and invest in a very good website. You have to remember that marketing to agents who don't have any clients is like throwing dollars down a bottomless pit.

On a side note: I have really noticed that the majority of the inspectors who have closed their doors on their business are those who relied heavily on real estate agent referrals. They became so dependent on them for business that they never bothered to make a good website or to reach out to other types of referrals. Many were also the followers of Ken Compton and Mike Crow.

Randy Hooser
01-28-2009, 10:07 PM
I am a member of Ken Compton's site, so I thought some feedback from someone who had more insight might be helpful.

"I know a couple of individuals who have had the chance to use his programs/ideas and they say it has been ok. Some of it is far-fetched and not sucessful, while being a part of his services has brought them some ideas. I'm not sure what is being referred to with this comment, but I haven't come across anything far-fetched in the strategies and techniques that are taught. There are no outrageous claims made. No easy path implied. Like everything, implementation is everything. If you don't work, the strategies won't either. All in all, lets face it there is only so many people to market to and how to market to them and chances are you don't need a marketing coach to tell you that. Just my .02" If there are only so many people to market to, then isn't that all the more reason to add to and refine your marketing strategies? And to say there are only so many ways to market...I think that's narrow-minded and naive. I can tell you with no hesitation that what is provided is extensive and comprehensive. Don't need a marketing coach? Why wouldn't anyone want coaching or advice from someone more successful than you in what you want to be successful in? Pick anyone -- ANYONE -- successful in ANY industry or field, and they learned from someone who preceded them. Maybe it wasn't an official coaching situation. Could be reading a book. Being an apprentice. Taking a class. What is the common denominator? Learning from those who have already succeeded.

Save your money and invest in a very good website. Creating a "good" website (a website that sells, and website that causes people to take action) is part of the coaching. You have to remember that marketing to agents who don't have any clients is like throwing dollars down a bottomless pit. ??? Not sure why marketing to agents with NO clients is mentioned. There plenty of agents with clients, and they can and should comprise a significant part of your referral business. There are many strategies and techniques pointed toward agent marketing.

On a side note: I have really noticed that the majority of the inspectors who have closed their doors on their business are those who relied heavily on real estate agent referrals. They became so dependent on them for business that they never bothered to make a good website or to reach out to other types of referrals. Many were also the followers of Ken Compton and Mike Crow. Probably not a good idea to rely heavily on any particular source of business. And the implication here seems to be that relying on agent referrals and making a good website/reaching out to other sources of referrals are mutually exclusive. You should do all of the above. And the attempt to make a connection between failed inspectors who rely on agent referrals and followers of KC/MC is an inaccurate one. Can't speak for MC, but marketing to agents is only part of what KC teaches. He also deals with direct to the public marketing. Online marketing. Offline marketing. Buyer marketing. Seller marketing. Etcetera.

Like I said, these things only work if YOU work. I'm not the best example by any means. I have a long way to go in implementing the strategies. But what I've put into practice has helped markedly.

Is it for everybody? Maybe not. And no, it's certainly not free. But it's free to look. It's been worth it to me, and I have a long way to go with putting things into practice like I should. If you gain only one extra inspection a month from using the strategies, it more than pays for itself.

If you want to check it out, go to Home Inspector Marketing for Inspection Companies (http://www.Inspector-Coach.com).

Randy Hooser
Dallas Home Inspections | Ft. Worth Home Inspections (http://www.InspectDFW.com)

Rich Schaefer
01-28-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey Randy I am the other half of the Jayne Schaefer post and the actual inspector. I had been talking to her about the Ken C. thing and she went on to the forums to see what she could find out. I have since also joined the KC group and am finding it very beneficial in getting me off my A** to go do something in the current market so I'm on your side on this one.

Are you a single inspector or a multi?