PDA

View Full Version : Past Clients

Martin lehman
12-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Is there a way, beside calling or doing a drive by, to find out if inspection clients ended up buying the house inspected for them?
Do any of you guys have tips or tactics you could share?
The reason is because I want to send marketing materials(cards,flyers,etc.) to keep my name in front of my clients after the inspection.
Thanks

John Arnold
12-17-2008, 05:05 AM
It's a matter of public record, although I guess there can be considerable delay before the info becomes available. In Philadelphia you can go online, enter the address and find out the current owner, last sale price, taxes, etc.
If you send your materials to the client's old address, they will get them if the deal didn't go through, and they will also get them if the deal did go through, for a while anyway, because their mail will be forwarded.
I would think you would especially want to reach them if the deal didn't go through.

Rick Hurst
12-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Is there a way, beside calling or doing a drive by, to find out if inspection clients ended up buying the house inspected for them?
Do any of you guys have tips or tactics you could share?
The reason is because I want to send marketing materials(cards,flyers,etc.) to keep my name in front of my clients after the inspection.
Thanks

Martin,

If you have access to the MLS you can verify the closing on the home and the date.

Another way to keep you name in front of the client is to simply make some stickers with your company info on them and place them on the water heater, electrical panel cover, or on the inside of the cabinet door below the kitchen sink.

rick

Michael Thomas
12-17-2008, 09:30 AM
I find that if you are looking for it, there is always a reason to contact a client 60 days after the inspection to provide some bit of (genuinely) helpful information.

Matt Fellman
12-17-2008, 01:32 PM
It's really funny if you kill the deal and then, to add insult to injury, send marketing the seller.

Rick Hurst
12-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Who killed the deal? We don't kill the deal, the house does.

Ted Menelly
12-17-2008, 01:48 PM
I call my clients on the same day the following week after the inspection to find out how things are going and if they needed any part of the report clarified. Within a few days to a week at best the clients would have done their follow up and decided if they were going thru with it or not.

For one reason that I do that is to find out if I need to do another inspection for them (new home). Yeah, I know, thinking of myself first. Oh well, that's business. It sure does sound good to them showing concern. I believe this is why I have so very few calls later about things that go bump in the night down the road. Set in their mind that you did a good job and followed up with them about concerns and I believe it nips all those calls in the butt for the future.