PDA

View Full Version : Hot water heater and furnace age

Robert Runchey
12-26-2008, 04:44 PM
I looked an old Bard furnace today and was wonder if anyone can tell what year it was made? I'm going to refer this becaude it's very old and will need to be replaced but was curious on the age.

Also trying to look up a State hot water heater. I have some documentation to cross reference the numbers on the State but not 100%sure.:cool:

Bard Model G100 serial # 20568
State Model CV 40 NRS2 serial # J81142395

Bob Runchey
AHI Madison, Wi.

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
12-26-2008, 05:04 PM
ROBERT
state water heater is 10/1981--letter represents month next two numbers year

the bard furnace-from 1962-1980 the year was represented withsix digits followed by two letters. the letters gave you the month and year.. recheck for those letters
after that it really gets complicated--dumb company

there is a past post that lists all furnace ages and water heater ages . i will look for them

found them here they are
charlie

Jerry Peck
12-26-2008, 06:18 PM
Also trying to look up a State hot water heater.

State Model CV 40 NRS2 serial # J81142395

state water heater is 10/1981--letter represents month next two numbers year

What is stated is for warranty purposes, State actually gives the owner an extra 3 months on the warranty to cover for shipping, warehousing, and installation time ... which means the water heater was really manufactured 3 months prior to what is stated.

That's information I got from the factory, just given for information purposes only - I always wrote down what was on the serial number.

I found that out because I was looking at a water heater installed in a new house before it was even made ... according to the serial number ... so, while I stood there dumbfounded looking at something which technically did not exist yet, I called the factory to find out what I was missing and where I had gone wrong in dating the manufacture of the water heater I was standing there looking at.

Robert Runchey
12-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks guys... great information:D

Robert Runchey
AHI, Madison Wi.

Alton Darty
12-27-2008, 05:10 AM
Carrier Blue Book shows a 1969 date of manufacture for the Bard model G100. Bards website shows the dating code as Charlie mentioned.

Alton