PDA

View Full Version : Word new TREC inspection report available

Darrel Hood
01-09-2009, 04:40 AM
I have created the new TREC inspection report in a Word file. I will be happy to send it to any who want it. Just email me.

I have a question for an improvement. Does anybody know how to create drop down selection boxes for areas of the file? In other words, I want to put standard/frequent comments in a drop down selection list for each category. I am fairly competent with Word, but I don't know where to start looking in the menus for this function. As usual, Microsoft Help is not very helpful.

Thanks,

Darrel Hood
DILIGENT PROPERTY SERVICES
hood111@suddenlink.net

RANDY NICHOLAS
01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
I use adobe pdf. I had my son-in-law convert my report (word) to pdf.
This weekend we will update the report to the required changes.

I attempted to make some changes last year.
You have to unlock the document, find the tools, then add in.
I screwed up, then, but I won't this time.

Bruce King
01-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I have created the new TREC inspection report in a Word file. I will be happy to send it to any who want it. Just email me.

I have a question for an improvement. Does anybody know how to create drop down selection boxes for areas of the file? In other words, I want to put standard/frequent comments in a drop down selection list for each category. I am fairly competent with Word, but I don't know where to start looking in the menus for this function. As usual, Microsoft Help is not very helpful.

Thanks,

Darrel Hood
hood111@suddenlink.net

Use autotext

In word 2003:

To save verbiage:
Highlight or select the text you want to save
click insert
click autotext
click new
name the entry to something associated with the writeup that you can remember, at least 4 characters

Then, when you type those 4 characters, the saved entry notification will pop up by the cursor and will be entered into the report if you hit Enter.

These saved entries can get lost during a reinstall etc so be sure to back up a file named "Normal" which is here on my pc:

c:/docsandsettings/owner/application data/microsoft/templates

I would also advise saving the text in a word doc too.

Darrel Hood
01-10-2009, 06:02 AM
Thanks Bruce,
I will work on that today.

Darrel Hood