PDA

View Full Version : water in sump pit

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
01-12-2009, 03:03 PM
it's funny what hat the real estate agent is wearing, seller or buyer and what is right and what is wrong

here in colorado we have many basements or crawl spaces and 90% of them have sump pit and pumps. we are a flood area

when ever i see a pit with any water in it i write it up. i recommend removing water and monitor and if water reappears i recommend a sump pump
remember that pit could have had that water in it since constuction and constuction guys use it as a toilet

listing agent called and stated that he wanted to know how much water was in there and if it is below french drain there is nothing wrong

they know everything don't they

wanted to know what everyone else writes up

charlie

Nick Ostrowski
01-12-2009, 04:45 PM
Charlie, I always note whether or not there is water in the pit. If standing water is present with no pump as in your pic, I say "standing water noted in sump pit - no pump in pit - recommend having sump pump installed".

I never understand the logic behind going through the trouble of installing a sump pit but not putting a pump in it. Why wait until ground water overflows the pit and runs all over the basement floor before deciding you need a pump? Just include the pump with the installation and save a homeowner some headaches.