PDA

View Full Version : CELL PHONE PHOTOS FOR $120

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
01-12-2009, 05:17 PM
there are inspectors and there are inspectors

had a inspection set up last week from an agent that uses me regularly.
price was $445 including radon.night before inspection agent calls me and tells me client found someone else {hello yellow pages}. so inspection was last thursday, agent calls me today {monday} and says he just got the written report and had to drive to best buy to meet inspector so they could get copy made.

agent tells that at inspection, inspector showed up two hours late. next agent noticed inspector was not Taking pictures,required here for FHA loans. inspector told client and agent, "OH pictures were $120 extra" on top of his bogus $200 inspection fee. after much hagling, client said ok.

are you ready for this.

INSPECTOR WHIPS OUT HIS CELL PHONE AND STARTS TAKING PICTURES

why didn't i think of this, could have saved $600 dollors on my sony.

client did hire me to do radon inspection which cost her $150 without inspection $130 with inspection. it cost her $320 for written 10 page report with the excellent verison photo show

my charge $445--she paid $470
what a deal. there are some beauties out there

charlie

Kevin Luce
01-12-2009, 06:36 PM
there are inspectors and there are inspectors

had a inspection set up last week from an agent that uses me regularly.
price was $445 including radon.night before inspection agent calls me and tells me client found someone else {hello yellow pages}. so inspection was last thursday, agent calls me today {monday} and says he just got the written report and had to drive to best buy to meet inspector so they could get copy made.

agent tells that at inspection, inspector showed up two hours late. next agent noticed inspector was not Taking pictures,required here for FHA loans. inspector told client and agent, "OH pictures were $120 extra" on top of his bogus $200 inspection fee. after much hagling, client said ok.

are you ready for this.

INSPECTOR WHIPS OUT HIS CELL PHONE AND STARTS TAKING PICTURES

why didn't i think of this, could have saved $600 dollors on my sony.

client did hire me to do radon inspection which cost her $150 without inspection $130 with inspection. it cost her $320 for written 10 page report with the excellent verison photo show

my charge $445--she paid $470
what a deal. there are some beauties out there

charlie
In this case I don't think this is true but there are some people that are over all happy with that service.

When my wife was a Realtor, some of the reports she seen were bad but the buyer didn't know any better and thought he did a fine job.:eek:

Markus Keller
01-12-2009, 07:16 PM
I think you'll be getting the next inspection Charlie

Brian Thomas
01-13-2009, 06:34 AM
Are you kidding me? $$$ extra for photos is ridiculous anyway, but to charge $120 extra and then use a low res cell phone camera, that takes the cake!

To be honest, I had never even thought of charging extra for photos. Maybe I am missing out on some extra moolah that I could be making :p

Eric Shuman
01-13-2009, 06:35 AM
I once drove an hour to a very rural inspection only to find out I had left my camera battery in the cradle at the office (can you say "Oh sh--"?). The closest store that would carry my battery was of course an hour away. To boot, the client hired me because of the photos and detail of my sample report!

No way I was driving 2 hours round trip to get a battery so I had no choice but to whip out my camera and pray there was enough memory on it to take all the pictures I needed. Fortunately it was a well maintained home and I didn't need a lot of photos. The client actually thought it was cool when I pulled out my phone to take the pictures and even though they weren't the greatest quality photos, they definitely worked in a pinch.

Of course I have never left the office without checking my camera for batteries since! :D

Eric

Brian Thomas
01-13-2009, 06:50 AM
I once drove an hour to a very rural inspection only to find out I had left my camera battery in the cradle at the office (can you say "Oh sh--"?). The closest store that would carry my battery was of course an hour away. To boot, the client hired me because of the photos and detail of my sample report!

No way I was driving 2 hours round trip to get a battery so I had no choice but to whip out my camera and pray there was enough memory on it to take all the pictures I needed. Fortunately it was a well maintained home and I didn't need a lot of photos. The client actually thought it was cool when I pulled out my phone to take the pictures and even though they weren't the greatest quality photos, they definitely worked in a pinch.

Of course I have never left the office without checking my camera for batteries since! :D

Eric

Yeah that stinks. I wouldnt feel very good about doing that but you have to do what you have to do sometimes. Luckily your client didnt care too much.

I left my streamlight on the charger at home when I did an inspection an hour away. It was too late to turn around and get it. Problem was, it was getting dark so I definitely needed a flashlight. I had to stop at circle K and pick up a $1.79 special. Not the same light output but worked in a pinch. I dont recommend it. I love my flashlight!