PDA

View Full Version : stab lock

Jason Schmidt
01-14-2009, 11:25 PM
Can some one determine the amps on this one. it has 2, 600 volt wires and one to the neutral bus bar. i hope i insert the pictures right.

Ron Bibler
01-14-2009, 11:34 PM
No photos in the post..

Best

Ron

Jason Schmidt
01-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Got the picture in this time.

John Arnold
01-15-2009, 05:37 AM
Since it's a FPE panel, it's tempting to answer ZERO AMPS, because how can it have any current flowing when it's sitting in the trash out on the sidewalk?

However, see where it says AL 2 AWG on one of the hot legs? That would be 100 amp service.

Erby Crofutt
01-15-2009, 06:25 AM
What difference does it make?

It needs to be replaced anyway.

Read & Heed!

Federal Pacific Electric FPE Stab-Lok Panel Circuit Breaker Hazard, Repairs, Electrical Panel Replacement Electricians Directory for Stab-Lok Repairs (http://www.inspect-ny.com/fpe/fpepanel.htm)

Jerry Peck
01-15-2009, 07:17 AM
Since it's a FPE panel, ... in the trash out on the sidewalk?

It needs to be replaced anyway.

Let's presume, in its current (pun intended) and existing condition, as shown in the photo that this is the "service equipment" - which it is with the meter below feeding it.

There are 12 + 1 (having one empty space for another breaker) *Main Disconnects* in there. Only up-to-a-maximum-of 6 are allowed.

Also note the overheated white wires, those coming off the breakers ...

There there are the more-than-one neutrals in the neutral terminals.

Then there is that large hole in the back with some contraption around the wires going through an extra-super-large knock out with brick and mortar showing.

And then ...

Let's see, Erby said it needed to be replaced and John said when you do to put it in the trash out on the sidewalk ...

Yep, those are the best recommendations.

The only recommendation which could improve on that would be to have the installing electrician do so at his own cost - no cost to anyone else - except he is likely long since retired, maybe not even on this Big Blue Planet Earth with us anymore either.

Jason Schmidt
01-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Thank you so very much. I hope you all have a great day.