PDA

View Full Version : New Member signing in

Fred Warner
01-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Hello Inspectors: My name is Fred. I'm an electrical educator and I am looking forward to learning and assisting when ever possible.

Ted Menelly
01-16-2009, 04:22 PM
Looking forward to the edumication.

Welcome aboard

Vern Heiler
01-16-2009, 04:32 PM
Hello Inspectors: My name is Fred. I'm an electrical educator and I am looking forward to learning and assisting when ever possible.

Got any "Sub-panels"?

Welcome aboard.

Fred Warner
01-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Got any "Sub-panels"?

Welcome aboard.

Funny you should ask. To my knowledge, this term is not in the NEC. I much prefer the term "remote panelboard". :)

Fred Warner
01-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Looking forward to the edumication.

Welcome aboard

Your language is too copius for my diminutive sagacity. :D Thanks for the Welcome.

Jerry Peck
01-16-2009, 06:13 PM
Funny you should ask. To my knowledge, this term is not in the NEC. I much prefer the term "remote panelboard". :)

Well I'll be, another one of 'us' ... do not know you, but ... I have been saying the same thing for some many years that I finally made an Avatar and made one just for that: If you go in one of those, and the panel looks like that, you are truly looking at a "sub panel". :D

By 'us" I mean one who recognizes that there are no "subpanels", "sub panels", "mainpanels" or "main panels", just ... "panels".

Ron Bibler
01-16-2009, 06:19 PM

Hot Dang we gonna have some fun with you... O-Boy...

Welcome glad to have.............you... sorry about that:D

Best

Ron

Fred Warner
01-17-2009, 05:38 AM
Hot Dang we gonna have some fun with you... O-Boy...

Welcome glad to have.............you... sorry about that:D

Best

Ron

Nice to be aboard. Thanks for the Welcome. :)

Fred Warner
01-17-2009, 05:41 AM
Well I'll be, another one of 'us' ... do not know you, but ... I have been saying the same thing for some many years that I finally made an Avatar and made one just for that: If you go in one of those, and the panel looks like that, you are truly looking at a "sub panel". :D

By 'us" I mean one who recognizes that there are no "subpanels", "sub panels", "mainpanels" or "main panels", just ... "panels".

And let's not forget that danged old "fuse box"! :D What would that avatar look like?.....a box of fuses? :confused: ;)

Jerry Peck
01-17-2009, 07:07 AM
And let's not forget that danged old "fuse box"! :D What would that avatar look like?.....a box of fuses? :confused: ;)

How about old fashioned fuses for dynamite laying on a box of ... dynamite ... "fuse" "box" for sure? :D

Rick Hurst
01-17-2009, 08:49 AM
The almighty "Google" says there is such a thing.

I googled the term fuse box.

Guess what?

fuse box - Google Image Search (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=fuse+box&gbv=2)

A.D. Miller
01-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Rick:

Please pass these fuse boxes out to everbody on this thread . . .

A.D. Miller
01-17-2009, 09:56 AM
And here's a sub panel . . .

Kevin Luce
01-17-2009, 10:12 AM

Give it some time, I have a feeling that when enough people use the word sub panel, it will be included.:D

Right now I'm trying to change "Bathroom exhaust fan" to "Fart Fan".:D

Kevin Luce
01-17-2009, 10:29 AM
What, no service panels either. I'm going to have to go back and take that ITA class again. The first three time I took those classes, they told me there is a thing called a service panel. Man, I'm glad they told me I can go back as many times as I want at no extra charge.;)