PDA

View Full Version : Storm window at interior

Jon mackay
05-22-2007, 04:40 AM
I came across an older house that had almost all new windows. One of the windows that was not new had a storm window at the interior wich prevented the window from opening.
This is a first for me and I was wondering how others would report it.

David Banks
05-22-2007, 05:30 AM
Definite egress issue.

Richard Stanley
05-22-2007, 06:20 AM
Egress issue IF it is the only window in a bedroom with only 1 door. Otherwise just a defective window operation.

Jim Luttrall
05-22-2007, 06:22 AM
In need of repair, water entry is likely. The window does not open, so it is not functioning as intended.
Double whammy (technical term) if it is a window needed for egress from a bedroom.

Jerry Peck
05-22-2007, 04:40 PM
Triple whammy ...

No natural ventilation as required either.

By the way, the 'two doors' does not solve the problem either - there needs to be two 'paths' (means of egress) in opposite directions. Two doors, opening into one hallway, going to the down stairs does not fulfill that requirement (option).

Thom Walker
05-22-2007, 08:10 PM
Okay, my English as a third language issue is rearing its head again. 'splain to me please, the issue of a door to the outside in a sleeping area not sufficing for emergency egress. Thanks.

Jerry Peck
05-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Okay, my English as a third language issue is rearing its head again. 'splain to me please, the issue of a door to the outside in a sleeping area not sufficing for emergency egress. Thanks.

'Cause that's not what was said. :D

This is what was said: "Egress issue IF it is the only window in a bedroom with only 1 door."

Nothing in there about "door" + "to" + "outdoors/outside". :p

Just "1 door". There could be 2 doors, neither leading directly to the outdoors.

Capice? (speelin'?) :cool:

Thom Walker
05-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Capiche (sp?)