PDA

View Full Version : flashing at window

SAL IACONO
02-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Is there a flashing required on this window install? The frame is not flush to the stucco and looks like water may sit.

The OSB is exposed at the footing. Tyvek drapes down. How should this be addressed in the report?

And how do I state the poor craftsmanship at the chimney corner?

How about that vent install. What craftsmanship!!!!!
This is going to be a long day......

Thanks

Scott Patterson
02-05-2009, 06:24 PM
Is there a flashing required on this window install? The frame is not flush to the stucco and looks like water may sit.

The OSB is exposed at the footing. Tyvek drapes down. How should this be addressed in the report?

And how do I state the poor craftsmanship at the chimney corner?

How about that vent install. What craftsmanship!!!!!
This is going to be a long day......

Thanks

Yes, header flashing is needed above the window.

As for the exposed OSB. The stucco does not have a drip screed and is not finished properly. Heck, it is not finished at all!

How do you state poor craftsmanship? Say it just like you just did!

It is a crap install, I'm sure it has many more problems than we are seeing.

Kerry Nobbs
02-05-2009, 06:42 PM
As above. Wow like the silly cone repair job too.

Jeff Remas
02-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Write up the bad sod job while you are at it.

Billy Stephens
02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Write up the bad sod job while you are at it.

Hey Jeff,

How Cold is it in northern Pennsylvania ? :rolleyes:

Jeff Remas
02-05-2009, 08:46 PM
Today we had a high of 10. Have not seen grass in a few months. All roofs in well insulated buildings are ice and snow covered. Shoveled part of one off today to get an idea what was underneath it.

SAL IACONO
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM
I used to live in Tobyhanna....Snow sucks!

Billy Stephens
02-05-2009, 08:50 PM
Today we had a high of 10. Have not seen grass in a few months.

All roofs in well insulated buildings are ice and snow covered.

Shoveled part of one off today to get an idea what was underneath it.
Thanks, :D

Ted Menelly
02-05-2009, 08:54 PM
That home needs a thorough stucco eval. Not the typical home inspector eval but from a long lived company that handles calls from concerned buyers for a living. I guarantee you , if the are allowed to do more than just look at the exterior and really get involved they will find countless wrongs with that home. Can you say water infiltration. Rotted OSB. Mold etc.etc.etc.

SAL IACONO
02-05-2009, 09:18 PM
EXTERIOR WALL OBSERVATIONS- EXTERIOR
WALLS ARE CONSTRUCTED OF THE FOLLOWING
MATERIALS: Stucco veneer over wood framing, Note:
No drip screed noted at stucco bottom. Recommend a
licensed contractor be contacted to make
recommendations to address conditions

Thats the first sentence on exterior walls.....this house appears to be very poorly built. The city inspectors walked away on the C of O inspection because there were no wind storm covers and A/C not tied down...I guess they missed the rest.

Ralph Smith
02-06-2009, 05:33 AM
Today we had a high of 10. Have not seen grass in a few months. All roofs in well insulated buildings are ice and snow covered. Shoveled part of one off today to get an idea what was underneath it.

I just told the last 20+ clients that I would return when snow was off the roof. Been back to 14 after the last melt.

Eugene Cameline 3rd
02-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Looks like a lot of water intrusion waiting to happen.No head cap flashing above the window,no termination bead with backer rod and caulking around the window, exposed OSB,possibly no weep screed.