PDA

View Full Version : Is this acceptable A/C Support?

Don Jackson
02-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Just curious if this is acceptable...ha!

Jerry Peck
02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
Don,

Would you click on the 'User CP' link and add your city or at least your county to your location - simply put "Florida" is a "big area".

Don Jackson
02-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Done. NW Florida (Panhandle).

Ron Bibler
02-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Just curious if this is acceptable...ha!

No...

Best

Ron

Jerry Peck
02-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Don,

Destin/Ft. Walton area?

No, that is not an acceptable support, however, neither is its location (looks too close to the wall) and there is no service area (level and stable service area) either.

Similar for that disconnect and what looks like it might be a heat recovery unit.

What is that recess for? Unless access into a crawlspace or a crawlspace vent, I'd recommend it be brought up to grade level.

Ted Menelly
02-15-2009, 09:01 PM
They obviously rased it up to get it out of the pool it would normaly be sitting in. I know looks can be decieving with pictures but can that panel even be opened. I bet if you bumped into that unit you would knock it over. Looks like it has been that way for a while you would think the slight vibrations would have brought it down a long time ago.

Rick Hurst
02-15-2009, 09:17 PM
One thing with it being up as such it won't be too hard for the thieves to load it in the bed of a truck.:D

Then of course the condensing slides off the CMU's crushing the thieves foot and he sues the homeowner for injury on the property.

rick

Don Jackson
02-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Jerry,

That's the third time in this (and a past) thread that you've asked where I live. Is there something you need?

Don

Don Jackson
02-16-2009, 06:41 AM
The picture is a little deceiving...the panel is easily opened. You can't see it, but their is another A/C unit on the opposite side of the one in the picture. Same type of support and even closer to the wall. There were 3 other units on the property that were properly supported.

Don.