PDA

View Full Version : air admit valve

Jerome W. Young
02-24-2009, 02:34 PM
silver Oatey with spring vent ok for residential use?

Dom D'Agostino
02-24-2009, 02:44 PM
...and you felt compelled to unthread the device from it's fittings, because....??

Richard Moore
02-24-2009, 02:54 PM
silver Oatey with spring vent ok for residential use?
No. That's a "mechanical" valve and not an approved air admittance valve. Might be allowed if the house has wheels (?) but not in a regular home.

I'm kinda with Dom on the unscrewing it thing! :confused:

Jerry Peck
02-24-2009, 03:26 PM
...and you felt compelled to unthread the device from it's fittings, because....??

Because he was checking it, why else? Does one need another reason? It's called "Doing one's job."

I don't see any remnants of pipe dope or pipe thread tape on that, and it requires one or the other, or it is not sealed, and all drainage fittings must be sealed.

By the way Jerome, Richard is correct: No, not allowed.

Dom D'Agostino
02-24-2009, 03:35 PM
Because he was checking it, why else? Does one need another reason? It's called "Doing one's job."

Yeah, newsflash, you can do the job without disassembling the thing, but of course, you already knew that.

"Do you need another reason???"
Good grief, what a pathetic excuse for taking something apart during an inspection.

Jerome W. Young
02-24-2009, 04:19 PM
i wanted to see the brand etc so i felt it to see if it was secured and it was not. it took about 4 turns to get it off. i dont see anythng wrong with that. i dont do check in the box type inspections nor do I conject multiple scenarios of what something may or may not be and if i break something ill fix it.

Dom D'Agostino
02-24-2009, 06:04 PM
i dont do check in the box type inspections nor do I conject multiple scenarios of what something may or may not be and if i break something ill fix it.

??

Wow...
That is as clear as mud.

You heard it here first...

Jerry Peck
02-24-2009, 06:17 PM
Yeah, newsflash, you can do the job without disassembling the thing, but of course, you already knew that.

"Do you need another reason???"
Good grief, what a pathetic excuse for taking something apart during an inspection.

No, the reason for taking it apart is to check for sealant material, what a pathetic excuse for an inspection if one does not do that on something that easy to remove.

Jerry Peck
02-24-2009, 06:19 PM
??

Wow...
That is as clear as mud.

You heard it here first...

Dom,

I see you are back to your usual cheerful, informative, helpful, positive, non-irritated self. :rolleyes:

Cheers. :rolleyes:

Ron Bibler
02-24-2009, 07:44 PM
I like to take things apart and if i can get it apart i smash it:D

Sellers look out!

Best

Ron

Dom D'Agostino
02-25-2009, 06:26 AM
Dom,

I see you are back to your usual cheerful, informative, helpful, positive, non-irritated self. :rolleyes:

Right back at ya', Jerry.

Switch to Decaf, you're too uptight.

Scott Patterson
02-25-2009, 06:42 AM

I find that Gold Bond powder always helps! :D

Jerry Peck
02-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Dom,

Dom,

At least while being too uptight I try to offer helpful information along with the other stuff, unlike you who mostly just offers the other stuff. :p

Dom D'Agostino
02-25-2009, 08:22 AM
Dom,

At least while being too uptight I try to offer helpful information along with the other stuff, unlike you who mostly just offers the other stuff. :p

No so, JP. If you look around you'll see I help others out and make (mostly) helpful posts. Just like you, I occasionally offer non-technical commentary.

However, when you & I discuss anything---well, that's a different matter, and not at all helpful to anyone, including myself.

Jerry Peck
02-25-2009, 09:27 AM
No so, JP. If you look around you'll see I help others out and make (mostly) helpful posts.

I noticed that in the past, but not recently, must just be irritable lately? Maybe off your meds? :)

However, when you & I discuss anything---well, that's a different matter, and not at all helpful to anyone, including myself.

Not really caring if it is helpful to you or not, and my discussions are with others.

When you get back on your meds, maybe things will get back to the old not quite as rude self you used to be. :rolleyes:

Always and only trying to be helpful. :D