PDA

View Full Version : New Construction Report Software (Texas)

A.D. Miller
03-04-2009, 12:25 PM
I keep and ear to the ground and a finger in the wind (you can guess which one), and I have the feeling that the TREC will sooner than later disallow the use of their inspection form for new construction.

So then, what software do you use for code compliance inspections?

Bob Spermo
03-04-2009, 02:37 PM
A.D.

I have been doing a number of phase inspections on new construction and I could not find any forms worth a damn. I called Larry of Whispersolutions and using his form templates I have created a framing phase form, a plumbing phase form, an electrical phase form, an HVAC phase form and a final new construction form. They can also be combined. They can also be changed easily. Each form enables me to quote any applicable code and insert it into my report. Pictures are also easily inserted. I have had good feedback from the builders as it is now harder for the subs to cheat and lie about the codes.

A.D. Miller
03-05-2009, 04:31 AM
A.D.

I have been doing a number of phase inspections on new construction and I could not find any forms worth a damn. I called Larry of Whispersolutions and using his form templates I have created a framing phase form, a plumbing phase form, an electrical phase form, an HVAC phase form and a final new construction form. They can also be combined. They can also be changed easily. Each form enables me to quote any applicable code and insert it into my report. Pictures are also easily inserted. I have had good feedback from the builders as it is now harder for the subs to cheat and lie about the codes.

Bob: Thanks. I'll look into it.

EmmanuelScanlan
03-06-2009, 03:22 AM
Aaron,

Can you shed a little light on what you may have heard? I have been hearing that TREC was, at one point, trying to get their hands on part or all of the TRCC County Inspection program. The other side of the coin was TREC was going to relinquish their control over phase inspections of new homes altogether to the TRCC program. I doubt they would relinquish control of anything.

In either case Dora Rivera from the TRCC County Inspection Program is making the rounds again soon with some type of update seminar for the County Inspection Program.

As for the "Finger in the wind" make sure you keep it warm so it does not get frostbit. The way things are going as of late you may be needing to use it more. :D