PDA

View Full Version : Video On-line

Mike Schulz
04-04-2009, 04:21 PM
The wave of the future is on-line video of your business. I added a commercial video to my yellow page advertising. I believe it will help a potential client to get to know you a little. Take a look and let me know what you think. Be blunt and tell the truth good or bad. :rolleyes: www.houseinspections.com (http://www.houseinspections.com)

Tony Mount
04-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Very well done Mike! I don't know what it cost you, but I bet it will be worth it.

Mike Schulz
04-04-2009, 04:37 PM
Thanks Tony, I felt like I was mumbling at times, or just wasn't very clear talk. Being half petrified didn't help much either. :p

Rick Hurst
04-04-2009, 09:19 PM
You would have thought for the kind of money you probably paid out for that video commercial that they could have found a better looking ole boy to be the spokesman for your business.

Looking at that guy almost made me want to shut down my computer.:D

rick

Don Emerson
04-05-2009, 04:19 AM
:) Well organized, informative and professionally done. This should help boost the business generated on your website. Did the yellow pages people help you produce it? Whoever put this together did it right. I feel qualified to critique because my degree was in tv and film production which I have been doing for almost 35 years. Let me know if it increases your phone calls. :cool:

Mike Schulz
04-05-2009, 05:15 AM
Rick, I was joking about being blunt............ Just kidding:p Brad Pitt has nothing on me! :D

Yellow pages has there own video crew they use. I had a Yellow page ad and was going to reduce it due to cost and ROI. They said they will add the video for only a few more bucks a month then what I was paying at the time. You don't own it and if you quit paying it monthly they take it down. I am the first in NC to do it according to them for Inspectors.

It will be interesting to see if it generates anything.

Ted Menelly
04-05-2009, 06:43 AM
Rick, I was joking about being blunt............ Just kidding:p Brad Pitt has nothing on me! :D

Yellow pages has there own video crew they use. I had a Yellow page ad and was going to reduce it due to cost and ROI. They said they will add the video for only a few more bucks a month then what I was paying at the time. You don't own it and if you quit paying it monthly they take it down. I am the first in NC to do it according to them for Inspectors.

It will be interesting to see if it generates anything.

Good commercial

One thing I have to ask you but it would be prying a bit..........

I had a yellow pages one line top banner add for six months and I received practically no calls and extremely, or should I say no business. Does your yellow pages add pay out at all. Mine would have been 3600 a year. Luckily after six months I got out of my contract because I received about zero of what they promised. Oh yeah, I wound up paying zero for those six months because of the sales deceit and lies

Mike Schulz
04-05-2009, 07:21 AM
My video just came out the first of this month so I don't know if it will generate anything on yellowpages.com What I do like is I can add it to my website, blog, etc.

I have been in the paper book since the mid 90's and the cost of half a business card ad was close to $ $400.00 something a month. Last year I went on Yellow pages.com for an extra $70.00 a month. I got nothing from that. This year I was going to drop all of it because most of my business comes from referrals and just have a bold listing in the book. When it was time to renew they told me about the video and the cost would only be a few bucks more then what I was paying. I don't have the paper work in front of me but the total cost of the book, on-line ad and video is almost $500.00 a month. They also send you a monthly activity report showing you if any body has viewed my ad on-line.

Only time will tell if it is worth it.

Chris Stichter
04-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Nicely done Mike...Imformative...to the point. Hope it pays off for you. Keep us posted?

Chris

Ted Menelly
04-08-2009, 06:36 PM
I saw a video, won't mention whose, of a fellow local inspector.

Bad video. No substance, stumble, bumble, no info, incomplete.

"See this here crack her. It is because this section here dropped and a structural engineer should be consulted or a carpenter or something."

Sorry if you are reading this but you really need to work on it a bit.

Sometimes videos can do more harm than good if not professional.

A.D. Miller
04-09-2009, 02:19 AM

"See this here crack her. It is because this section here dropped and a structural engineer should be consulted or a carpenter or something."

Ted: Surely you can tell us who this was.:D

Mike Schulz
04-10-2009, 08:28 AM
Ted, You are right I have seen similar with different professions. I think that is why I don't put anything on you tube. I may start small snips of video to put on you tube but that is at the end of my list.

You can be the smartest guy on the planet but come across a buffoon on film.

A.D. Miller
04-11-2009, 11:44 AM

This is the kind of stuff we have to put up with around here:

http://www.byershomeinspections.com/prices.html

Realty Inspections DFW (http://realtyinspectionsdfw.com/)

Ted Menelly
04-11-2009, 12:04 PM
This is the kind of stuff we have to put up with around here:

http://www.byershomeinspections.com/prices.html

Realty Inspections DFW (http://realtyinspectionsdfw.com/)

Sooooo

I guess you did't need me to name names and direct traffic.

I could give several more companies including franchises that I have to battle with all the time to survive.

Free this free that. Free groceries, free termite inspection along with several other items thrown in.

Free garranty that if anything they inspect stops working they will pay to have it repaired.

199 for everything. or 250 for everything no matter what size the home.

Home warranties. Security system checks which amounts to no more than giving a security company your clients info so they can hound them to sign up for their security needs.

You have only scratched the surface of competitors that keep the just pricing folks alive and well.

Well, so and so will do it for this much. Well so and so will give a home warranty.

Well so and so will do it for this much with these other 5 services throw in. It gets pretty sick sometimes.

A.D. Miller
04-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Sooooo

I guess you did't need me to name names and direct traffic.

I could give several more companies including franchises that I have to battle with all the time to survive.

Free this free that. Free groceries, free termite inspection along with several other items thrown in.

Free garranty that if anything they inspect stops working they will pay to have it repaired.

199 for everything. or 250 for everything no matter what size the home.

Home warranties. Security system checks which amounts to no more than giving a security company your clients info so they can hound them to sign up for their security needs.

You have only scratched the surface of competitors that keep the just pricing folks alive and well.

Well, so and so will do it for this much. Well so and so will give a home warranty.

Well so and so will do it for this much with these other 5 services throw in. It gets pretty sick sometimes.

Ted: Much like the builders nowadays. 0% interest rates, free cars, free swimming pools, free maid service for a year. Wonder what's next, or should I say, what will the maids be doing next?:D

Mike Schulz
04-11-2009, 01:04 PM
FOUNDATION ANALYSIS (NO EXTRA COST)
POOL INSPECTION (NO EXTRA COST)
SPRINKLER INSPECTION (NO EXTRA COST)
CRAWL SPACE (NO EXTRA COST)
THERMAL IMAGING ANALYSIS (NO EXTRA COST)

How about a free ass whooping!:mad:

A.D. Miller
04-11-2009, 02:53 PM
FOUNDATION ANALYSIS (NO EXTRA COST)
POOL INSPECTION (NO EXTRA COST)
SPRINKLER INSPECTION (NO EXTRA COST)
CRAWL SPACE (NO EXTRA COST)
THERMAL IMAGING ANALYSIS (NO EXTRA COST)

How about a free ass whooping!:mad:

Mike: I almost feel sorry for guys like this. Almost. They sort of remind me of the kid that was so damned ugly his parents had to tie a steak around his neck to get the dog to play with him.:eek: