PDA

View Full Version : EZ-Wall

A.D. Miller
04-07-2009, 09:34 AM
I observed this installation today on a retrofitted 40s house in Dallas. The sheathing, where visible, appeard to be 1" Celotex, maybe Quick-R. I cut this piece out of a gable in the attic. I also saw some expanded polystyrene in some places, but only glimpses of it. There was no way to remove any utility escutcheons or cover plates, as they had them all sealed in place.

As you can see from pictures in the attic at the base of the system in the dormer walls there is expanded metal visible.

My best guess is that it is Celotex Quick-R Polyiso with some locally manufacturered scheisse called EZ-Wall (an EIFS coating). This is a new one on me. Any ideas?

A.D. Miller
04-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Yo! Is anyone out there?:confused:

Jerry Peck
04-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Yo! Is anyone out there?:confused:

Yo! Is anyone out there?

(your echo) ;)

I'm out here but am not familiar with those products or their installation. Sorry, no help there. :(

A.D. Miller
04-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Yo! Is anyone out there?

(your echo) ;)

I'm out here but am not familiar with those products or their installation. Sorry, no help there. :(

JP: Shoot! I was hoping I could get some real help with this one. Short fuse. The bullet must fly by 3:30.

Thanks anyhow.

A.D. Miller
04-07-2009, 01:56 PM
JP: Shoot! I was hoping I could get some real help with this one. Short fuse. The bullet must fly by 3:30.

Thanks anyhow.

Wow, it really is quiet on there. Is this a Zen holiday?:D

A.D. Miller
04-07-2009, 02:10 PM
Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

wayne soper
04-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Sorry, Not much help here either, and past the due date by now but.
It appears the installed was also a golfer so he gets a 50% good guy vote for that.
Or is that your Footjoy toolbag, in which case you get 100% good guy votes
Did you call the # on the bucket?

A.D. Miller
04-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Sorry, Not much help here either, and past the due date by now but.
It appears the installed was also a golfer so he gets a 50% good guy vote for that.
Or is that your Footjoy toolbag, in which case you get 100% good guy votes
Did you call the # on the bucket?

Wayne: OK. Nope, not my golf crap. I called the number, but they had kicked the bucket!
That bird has flown, but thanks for calling me back from the other plane.

BARRY ADAIR
04-09-2009, 05:46 AM
Aaron,

Just noticed your post this a.m. they relocated if I'm not mistaken.

Stucco Dallas Texas (http://www.ezwallstucco.com/contactezwall.htm)

Scott Patterson
04-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Sorry, I just found this post as well..

I have not heard of it either.

A.D. Miller
04-09-2009, 08:15 AM
Thanks ya'll.

Namaste.

RANDY NICHOLAS
04-09-2009, 07:09 PM
AD,
it looks like the insulation installed on EPMD or flat roofs.
someone must have said "I'll stuff this in there"

Stephen Meyer
04-10-2009, 10:19 PM
EZ Wall Evaluation Report attached:

A.D. Miller
04-11-2009, 11:38 AM
EZ Wall Evaluation Report attached:

Stephen: Can you post that pdf file again? That one is corrupted, at leat on my machine.

Thanks,

Aaron

Ted Menelly
04-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Stephen: Can you post that pdf file again? That one is corrupted, at leat on my machine.

Thanks,

Aaron

Here you go

A.D. Miller
04-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Here you go

Ted: Thanks, but I had the same problem. If I use Acrobat to open it I get the first message below. If I use Acrobat Reader I get the second message below. In both instances I get 3 blank pages followed by two with something actually there.

Ted Menelly
04-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Ted: Thanks, but I had the same problem. If I use Acrobat to open it I get the first message below. If I use Acrobat Reader I get the second message below. In both instances I get 3 blank pages followed by two with something actually there.

Check your mail and get rid of acrobat

Stephen Meyer
04-11-2009, 09:41 PM
Type in your browser for ES Reports. In the search box of that web page, type in EZ Wall.

You will get a list of related reference. The first one has the testing data

This link may work as well

ICC-ES Search Results (http://search.atomz.com/search/?sp-q=ez+wall&sp-a=sp1003c2a1&sp-f=ISO-8859-1&sp-c=10&Search.x=0&Search.y=0)

or this one

http://www.icc-es.org/reports/pdf_files/UBC/5146.pdf

You may want to download the pdf reader called Fox-it reader. Free and very good

Steve