PDA

View Full Version : Darlin', hand me them kidney beans ...

John Arnold
04-08-2009, 11:05 AM
Darlin'?!

Fred Warner
04-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Darlin'?!

When a receptacle is mounted facing in an upwards position -( a violation in certain instances)- is the ground facing up? :D :D

Jerry Peck
04-08-2009, 12:57 PM
When a receptacle is mounted facing in an upwards position -( a violation in certain instances)- is the ground facing up?:D

I always thought "the ground" was always facing up ... and "the sky" was always facing down??? :D

OF COURSE ... ;) ... "the ground is facing up" ... I can see the hole *going down* into it. :)

Let's see, two wire cord and plug plugged into it, grounded plug plugged into it, supplied by a two wire lamp cord ... oh yeah, that's a real "professional" installation ... :eek:

Jerry Peck
04-08-2009, 12:59 PM
is the ground facing up? :D :D

Fred,

You don't mean to start a discussion on whether the ground goes up on top or down underneath ... do you? :)

John Arnold
04-08-2009, 01:03 PM
When a receptacle is mounted facing in an upwards position -( a violation in certain instances)- is the ground facing up? :D :D

Whaddya mean "mounted"?

Does it matter whether the ground is facing up when there's no equipment grounding conductor?

Fred Warner
04-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Does it matter whether the ground is facing up when there's no equipment grounding conductor?

Is this like the age-old question: "Why does one drive on a parkway and park in a driveway?" :confused: ;) :D

Fred Warner
04-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Fred,

You don't mean to start a discussion on whether the ground goes up on top or down underneath ... do you? :)

Noooooooooo, please....I promise I'll be good.....please.....:p