PDA

View Full Version : Texas Slab crack

andy baum
04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Hello,

Looking for some expert opinion. I live in Fort Worth TX and have a 3 yr old home on a slab. On one corner of my home I noticed my foundation cracking. The builder came out twice in the past 2 years to put a mortar slap on it. Crack still returns. I have researched this and it appears to be a pop out which says is normal. However I am now seeing the crack extending into the brick and mortar following same crack line about 3 ft up the brick. The same corner is my master bedroom...there is hairline cracking in the corner from floor to middle of ceiling.

A friend in construction tells me the beam is experiancing washout as that corner is on a sharp slope by a downspout and the water is eroding the supporting ground. He states the expanding and constricting is what is creating cracks inside and out.

My home builder states it is because the builder did not extend the poly sheeting under the brick to the corner and the brick is not sliding. He states my foundation is fine and they wont build up that corner with backfill or provide proper drainage as the beam is fine.

I have attemtped to attach pics. I am curious on some thoughts.

Jim Luttrall
04-16-2009, 09:17 PM
You do have an erosion problem, but I can't see that it is the builders fault, that is part of normal home maintenance in my opinion.

If the only crack is that chip out of the corner that you photos show, that is present on just about every slab house in the DFW area. There is no reinforcing steel out that far on the corners and a triangular piece will chip off of the corners if you look at it wrong, don't sweat it.

Do bring the soil level back up to the normal grade, sloping away from the house and do something to control erosion, plant some grass, use splash blocks at the bottom of the gutter, cover it with rock, or something. The soil is what supports the house if you let it wash away, you will allow damage to the house.

Rick Hurst
04-16-2009, 10:22 PM
Thats known as the infamous corner pop or wedge crack and as Jim said typical to see on any slab foundation.

Patch it and it will crack again.

Learn to live with it. Life is too short.

Rick

A.D. Miller
04-17-2009, 04:00 AM
Andy:

If you had hired a decent inspector, instead of schlepping around for cheap information on the Internet, his report might have read something to this effect regarding the issues you point out:

Common cracks or concrete spalling, sometimes referred to as corner or wedge cracks (truncated cone fractures) at the outside corners of the slab foundation were observed. These cracks develop as a result of a shear stress at the interface between the brick and the concrete. Because brick walls expand and concrete foundations shrink, differential movement will cause shearing stresses when these materials are bonded together. A bond break or flashing between the brickwork and the concrete will permit movement to occur without damaged to the structure. It is recommended that you cosmetically patch these with bonding agent and a non-shrink an epoxy grout to prevent termite activity in the crack. Additionally, should the cracks spread over a significant distance, support for the brick veneer may be compromised. These require repair as per TRCC performance standard 304.10(b)1.

The soil level is significantly low. Low soil levels at the edges of foundations allow the soil in the bottom of the footings to dehydrate. This can adversely affect the foundation performance. The grading requires improvement to prevent further erosion of soil away from the edge of the foundation. This can usually be accomplished by the addition of topsoil. The ground should slope away from the house at a rate of six inches within the first ten feet as per International Residential Code R401.3. Ideally, at least four (4) inches of clearance should be maintained between soil level and the top of brick ledge.

I'll send you a bill.:D

Jim Luttrall
04-17-2009, 05:32 AM
As usual, Aaron you are a better word smith than I. Don't be surprised if I, Uuh... borrow bits of it;)

Wayne Carlisle
04-17-2009, 06:50 AM
Also what I see is water is being concentrated at the corner. What is happening is when it rains the ground is being saturated and will stay that way for days. Then when it starts drying out you have expansion of the soil. Then it rains again and the soil shrinks. It's a constant expansion shrinkage.

It may be some of the builders fault if he didn't provide positive drainage away from the foundation. But the corners popping off is like the others say...normal.

You need to get the water away from the foundation. It should be graded so that there is positive drainage away from the foundation so water won't accumulate within 5 feet of the foundation.

So as others have said, add some fill and provide proper drainage. One of those roll out tubes attached to the downspout may be your answer.

Michael Thomas
04-17-2009, 07:41 AM
"Corner at extreme right of foundation is cracked, and attempting to succeed from the rest of the structure."

Rick Hurst
04-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Andy:

If you had hired a decent inspector, instead of schlepping around for cheap information on the Internet, his report might have read something to this effect regarding the issues you point out:

Common cracks or concrete spalling, sometimes referred to as corner or wedge cracks (truncated cone fractures) at the outside corners of the slab foundation were observed. These cracks develop as a result of a shear stress at the interface between the brick and the concrete. Because brick walls expand and concrete foundations shrink, differential movement will cause shearing stresses when these materials are bonded together. A bond break or flashing between the brickwork and the concrete will permit movement to occur without damaged to the structure. It is recommended that you cosmetically patch these with bonding agent and a non-shrink an epoxy grout to prevent termite activity in the crack. Additionally, should the cracks spread over a significant distance, support for the brick veneer may be compromised. These require repair as per TRCC performance standard 304.10(b)1.

The soil level is significantly low. Low soil levels at the edges of foundations allow the soil in the bottom of the footings to dehydrate. This can adversely affect the foundation performance. The grading requires improvement to prevent further erosion of soil away from the edge of the foundation. This can usually be accomplished by the addition of topsoil. The ground should slope away from the house at a rate of six inches within the first ten feet as per International Residential Code R401.3. Ideally, at least four (4) inches of clearance should be maintained between soil level and the top of brick ledge.

I'll send you a bill.:D

Aaron,

I don't think that I've ever seen one of these "wedge" cracks sealed or patched as you mentioned that could "prevent" termite activity. By using the word "prevent" may be a bit of liability, do you think?

I do understand that the crack is a site that termites could tunnel and not be observed, but I don't believe patching or sealing the crack should be called a preventative measure.

Maybe pump some termiticide below that corner as a preventative would be a better measure, but we know thats not going to happen in todays market or make it onto a repair request.

Just my opinion.

rick

A.D. Miller
04-17-2009, 12:21 PM
Aaron,

I don't think that I've ever seen one of these "wedge" cracks sealed or patched as you mentioned that could "prevent" termite activity. By using the word "prevent" may be a bit of liability, do you think?

I do understand that the crack is a site that termites could tunnel and not be observed, but I don't believe patching or sealing the crack should be called a preventative measure.

Maybe pump some termiticide below that corner as a preventative would be a better measure, but we know thats not going to happen in todays market or make it onto a repair request.

Just my opinion.

rick

Rick: You are obviously smoking the same stuff that has given JP a raging case of the sunspots, as Scott kindly pointed out on another thread.

Properly repaired, I repeat, properly repaired, the epoxy grout will, at least for a while, bond with the slab, in essence making them one (blush). Now I know that there are some fairly serious termites around here, but none of them so far eats Portland cement concrete. As soon as they do, I am moving up with Caribou Barbie where it is too cold for little bastards.

So then, in effect, properly repaired truncated cone fractures will prevent termite activity in the fracture, because the fracture will no longer exist. At least not until it falls off again. Which will be sooner than later.:D

Jerry Peck
04-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Andy:

If you had hired a decent inspector, instead of schlepping around for cheap information on the Internet,

For all any of us know, Andy MAY HAVE hired a home inspector who he thought was decent, and maybe even was, there are a lot of decent home inspectors out there, as well as some who are not so decent, in both ethics and inspection performance.

I think it does ill will to always just on "you should have ... instead of trying to get free information on the internet", which seems to be a common response by some people.

You should, at the very least, set the victim up by first asking what his home inspector said in the report, and, when they tell you, YOU become the victim :D , however, when they do not tell you and admit to not having an inspection, then, well, it is then their turn to be the victim. :eek:

But you at least need to give them the benefit of YOUR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE as to whether they did, or did not, have a home inspection, otherwise all you end up is looking foolish when YOU find out THEY DID HAVE IT INSPECTED.

A.D. Miller
04-17-2009, 12:30 PM
You should, at the very least, set the victim up by first asking what his home inspector said in the report, and, when they tell you, YOU become the victim :D , however, when they do not tell you and admit to not having an inspection, then, well, it is then their turn to be the victim. :eek:

JP: In rare form, as usual.

Jerry Peck
04-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Aaron,

Just my opinion.

rick

Rick,

Not just your opinion, mine too.

One can even "help" 'prevent', but not simply "prevent" something like that from happening. One can also 'help reduce the risk of' ... but "prevent" - nope.

A.D. Miller
04-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Rick,

Not just your opinion, mine too.

One can even "help" 'prevent', but not simply "prevent" something like that from happening. One can also 'help reduce the risk of' ... but "prevent" - nope.

JP: Some things can indeed be prevented. For example, if I had someone hand me down my shootin' iron and I proceeded to blast Rick between the eyes, I could likely prevent him from disagreeing with me again in the future, at least on this plane of reality. Not that I ever would, but it would still be a successful preventative measure.

One can perhaps not prevent ravenous and debilitating diseases such as common sunspots. One can perhaps forestall the onset of these. Once infected, furiously reading dictionaries, I have heard, can act as both a purgative and a hindrance to further outbreaks of what is known in Latin as halfcoctus opinionitus flahidius:rolleyes: .

Jerry Peck
04-17-2009, 01:01 PM
JP: Some things can indeed be prevented. For example, if I had someone hand me down my shootin' iron and I proceeded to blast Rick between the eyes, I could likely prevent him from disagreeing with me again in the future, at least on this plane of reality. Not that I ever would, but it would still be a successful preventative measure.

Aaron,

It is strange that you chose the example above as I originally typed in a similar example as the only way to "prevent" something, in my example it was that you COULD "prevent" someone from breathing by killing them, but ... on further thought (which you texuslackus) I thought it better to not promote killing someone to prove a point (but texuslackadisforethrough did not preclude you from doing the same). :D

A.D. Miller
04-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Aaron,

It is strange that you chose the example above as I originally typed in a similar example as the only way to "prevent" something, in my example it was that you COULD "prevent" someone from breathing by killing them, but ... on further thought (which you texuslackus) I thought it better to not promote killing someone to prove a point (but texuslackadisforethrough did not preclude you from doing the same). :D

JP: I never said I would kill Rick, only "blast" him. There is a difference. There is nothing negative in having a blast, is there? In fact, as I understand it, the bigger the blast one has, the better. Causing one to have a big blast is an entirely positive action. Agreed?

So then, as opposed to the creation of a third eye in Rick (though he might savor the omniscience that accompanies it - though truthfully, being a Texan is a somewhat similar experience) I only proposed a pleasurable experience known as a blast, for short. The term in its full splendor being nonterminatum blastistimus infinitum.

You can look it up in your ASTM catalog under Prevention Procedure Testing Procedures.

Rick Hurst
04-17-2009, 01:53 PM
A third eye would be kinda cool actually.:D

Aaron, Blast away!

rick

JB Thompson
04-17-2009, 03:09 PM
"Corner at extreme right of foundation is cracked, and attempting to succeed from the rest of the structure."

do you mean secede, as in separate?

JB Thompson
04-17-2009, 03:13 PM
i wanna have a blast!!

blast me too, blast me too!!

Rick Hurst
04-17-2009, 03:30 PM
This type of thread is what happens when a bunch of home inspectors in the same area cancel out the day due to the rains.:D

rick

Jim Luttrall
04-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I just proved my saying when clients ask me if I inspect in the rain. Wet spot around the chimney that I might have missed if it was dry. Inspecting in the rain ain't much of a blast but it is easy to find leaks.

Rick Hurst
04-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Jim,

I had one scheduled today over there in Highland Park, but it was pouring down and the seller called CSS to inform me she was going to be at home with a sick screaming baby and said that Monday morning would be better as she would be gone.

She got a big WORKS FOR ME.

I just couldn't see myself in and out of that house in the pouring rain, listening to a screaming baby, and being sure not to knock over some treasure over there.

Monday will work out fine.:D

Rick

andy baum
04-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Guys - thanks for all the feedback and for hijacking this thread. :)

As stated the house is three yrs old and I am original owner. It was inspected and there was no erosion problem when first built. Nor was there any pop outs. I researched and know these are not a big deal...however the crack is now foing 36 inches up on the same corner of my home into the brick and mortar. I also have seperation in the corner of my master bedroom which is on the same corner. No other corner of my house has the interior or exterior problem.

I agree it needs support - however my builder is balking at that.

Thanks again

JB Thompson
04-17-2009, 09:38 PM

As stated the house is three yrs old and I am original owner. It was inspected and there was no erosion problem when first built. Nor was there any pop outs. I researched and know these are not a big deal...however the crack is now foing 36 inches up on the same corner of my home into the brick and mortar. I also have seperation in the corner of my master bedroom which is on the same corner. No other corner of my house has the interior or exterior problem.

Thanks again

Andy, there are a lot of smarter guys on here than I; however, I looked at your photos this morning and I can't really see anything very well. They were grainy when I tried to view them at a larger percentage.

I guess ultimately what I am saying is that it would be difficult for me or anyone on here to give you a good response without seeing the crack in person. Obviously the corner pop is very common here in Texas, but it sounds like you have more going on than that.

I recommend you get a couple of good (on-site) opinions on that crack and, if warranted, present them to your builder.

My .02 cents,
Bruce

A.D. Miller
04-18-2009, 01:10 AM

Thanks again

Andy:

Alright then, a couple of questions:

(1) What possessed you to send in (barely visible) photos of only some of your issues and not all of the issues?

(2) Did you, as some suspect, have the house inspected by an licensed, professional, independent inspector prior to purchasing the house from Builderboy? Or did you, like most HGTV-banana-and-innertube-educated homebuyers, fall hook, line and sinker for Builderboy's sales pitch regarding the lack of need for third party oversight of the construction?

(3) If you, as you say, had already "educated" yourself elsewhere about the issues you have, why then did you come here to bother us? Bob Villa already told you what you need to know.

If you want specific answers to your questions, take the time to contact a local ICC-certified inspector to visit the site, make assessments, and apprise you of your options as regards Builderboy and his feckless TRCC foundation warranty. Spend some money. You get what you pay for.

Quit wasting our time with your partial-information-posting-do-it-on-the-cheap-angling-for-trouble questions.

Hijack that, Andy.:eek:

A.D. Miller
04-18-2009, 01:35 AM
Oh, and Andy, not to worry. Scott or Rick or one of the PC crew will be along shortly to smooth things over with you.:(

Rick Hurst
04-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Andy,

Scott decided not to show up for work today so me and Juan are having to "smooth" it out for you.

Hope this helps.

PC crew member?
Rick

Ted Menelly
04-18-2009, 07:47 AM
Oh dear, oh my. A recomendation for an ICC certified inspector for a freaking corner crack. Sounds like Aaron is slow as hell and trying to round up some work :D Inspector wanabee:p I think Aaron has had to many wedge cracks !

That is going to do him about as much good as having an ice cream tester test drive your new car :rolleyes:

As far as the crack in the corner of the room inside the foundation corner crack, well, who knows, could be a lousy finish job. Or, just maybe, maybe, the house is falling down. No one can tell you exactly what is going on inside with the exception of pure speculation without actually visiting the home and doing an actual inspection.

That fence looks more than a few years old.

andy baum
04-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Is this AD Miller guy for real or is he some 12 year old year old retarded kid who lives in his parents basement typing one handed?? There is no way an A hole like you is an inspector...at least not a reputable one.

I have an engineer coming next week - just trying to get some other opinions as that is what the internet can be used for...research..not to review animal porn and talk smack and hide behind a computer like little Ms. miller.

The fences they put up in Texas are dirt cheap. They do not stain them. That fence is actually considered my neighbors and they have been in house for 6 years. So I would imagiine that is how old the fence is.

In regards to the pics - I cant help that this site limits the size of pics to post. I have nothing to hide. Come on over anytime...I'll give you the address.

For those that answered me serious - thank you!!

Ted Menelly
04-18-2009, 09:16 AM
Is this AD Miller guy for real or is he some 12 year old year old retarded kid who lives in his parents basement typing one handed?? There is no way an A hole like you is an inspector...at least not a reputable one.

I have an engineer coming next week - just trying to get some other opinions as that is what the internet can be used for...research..not to review animal porn and talk smack and hide behind a computer like little Ms. miller.

The fences they put up in Texas are dirt cheap. They do not stain them. That fence is actually considered my neighbors and they have been in house for 6 years. So I would imagiine that is how old the fence is.

In regards to the pics - I cant help that this site limits the size of pics to post. I have nothing to hide. Come on over anytime...I'll give you the address.

For those that answered me serious - thank you!!

Actually Aaron will appreciate the upgrade.

He is only elleven :D

I am sure he will be getting back to you.

This is way to funny.

Oh yeah. He does live with mom but it is in the attic. He lives in Texas and they don't have many basements :p

Michael Chambers
04-18-2009, 10:19 AM
I'm just wondering why, after all of the good early information given on this thread, that these presumably fresh photos still don't show a proper downspout extension leading out into the yard, and away from the foundation? Get that water away from the foundation/slab.

Here in Missouri, we do have basements, and I see corner pops like this all of the time, but they're usually limited to just the corner of the foundation - they don't normally extend up into the main level brickwork. I attribute these pops to point loading of the heavy brickwork to a weak area of the foundation that has limited support. Seal the cracks if you want, and monitor for change.

Ted Menelly
04-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Andy: I am literally quivering in my boots! If you don't want to spend the rest of your life rolling down your socks to crap, you might want to withdraw your kind invitation.:eek:

My website has my address. If your old worn -out vehicle will actually make it across the Trinity, I'm happy to two-step with your little ass. Forth Worth. Sheeeeee-it! Give me a break!:D

Little Ms Miller

Did you ask your relatives permission to get back on the computer ?

They must have had you tied out back on the dog run.

This is to much fun. It should not be allowed :p

A.D. Miller
04-18-2009, 02:20 PM
Little Ms Miller

Did you ask your relatives permission to get back on the computer ?

They must have had you tied out back on the dog run.

This is to much fun. It should not be allowed :p

Ted: Any place that calls itself "Cow Town" does not bode well for its inhabitants. It was, in an earlier time, referred to by folks in Dallas as "Panther City" (and still is by me), due to the mayor of Dallas visiting there one midday only to find a panther asleep in the middle of Main Street. A really exciting place to visit.

I feel like the Agent Smith talking to Morpheus in the Matrix whenever I find it necessary to visit there:

"I hate this place. This zoo.
This prison. This reality,
whatever you want to call it, I
can't stand it any longer. It's
the smell, if there is such a
thing. I feel saturated by it. I
can taste your stink and every
time I do, I fear that I've
somehow been infected by it.":eek:

Jerry Peck
04-18-2009, 03:02 PM
Ted: Any place that calls itself "Cow Town" does not bode well for its inhabitants.

Aaron,

Funny to hear that name as I spent 20 years in a place formerly (as in a long time formerly) called "Hog Town" because that was what it was, the live stock market and it really was named Hog Town.

They some wise locals decided that, to better themselves and to be able to entice a better local inhabitant, they changed the name to being named after a General in the Seminole Indian War and to lure a prestigious (okay, not prestigious at that time, just starting out at that time) state university there.

That town went from Hog Town to Gainesville and the university it lured in with that name change (along with free water forever, which only lasted about 100 years) was the University of Florida.

I'm not quite sure how it would sound to say the University of Florida, Hog Town, Florida ... ummm ... no, not a very nice ring to that. :eek:

Ted Menelly
04-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Aaron,

Funny to hear that name as I spent 20 years in a place formerly (as in a long time formerly) called "Hog Town" because that was what it was, the live stock market and it really was named Hog Town.

They some wise locals decided that, to better themselves and to be able to entice a better local inhabitant, they changed the name to being named after a General in the Seminole Indian War and to lure a prestigious (okay, not prestigious at that time, just starting out at that time) state university there.

That town went from Hog Town to Gainesville and the university it lured in with that name change (along with free water forever, which only lasted about 100 years) was the University of Florida.

I'm not quite sure how it would sound to say the University of Florida, Hog Town, Florida ... ummm ... no, not a very nice ring to that. :eek:

Jacksonville Florida use to be called Cow Ford because that is where the cattle crossed the river.

Aaron is just Jealous over the Fort Worth thing. They never let him visit when he was a kid. He actually likes the zoo being in the top ten zoo's in the US in Fort Worth. If it were to be discussed I am sorely disappointed in DFW. All my life before I moved here about 5 years ago all I ever heard about DFW and Texas for that matter was how big and wonderful everything was. AHHHHHHH, nope, not yet. It is slowly getting there but is certainly not a world class city yet.

I just saw Aaron over this way last week looking for his new home. Pretty nice place actually. I am sure he will be quite happy there in his retirement years (the old dusty gruff he is). That retirement home is a real nas place:D

A.D. Miller
04-19-2009, 07:01 AM
Jacksonville Florida use to be called Cow Ford because that is where the cattle crossed the river.

Aaron is just Jealous over the Fort Worth thing. They never let him visit when he was a kid. He actually likes the zoo being in the top ten zoo's in the US in Fort Worth. If it were to be discussed I am sorely disappointed in DFW. All my life before I moved here about 5 years ago all I ever heard about DFW and Texas for that matter was how big and wonderful everything was. AHHHHHHH, nope, not yet. It is slowly getting there but is certainly not a world class city yet.

I just saw Aaron over this way last week looking for his new home. Pretty nice place actually. I am sure he will be quite happy there in his retirement years (the old dusty gruff he is). That retirement home is a real nas place:D

Ted: The only reasons I would ever go to Foat Woaf would be for (lots of)money - which I sometimes do when the rare enlightened client there needs a real inspector - or to visit the Japanese Gardens. Zoos suck, just like the folks who support them. They are just another futile attempt on the part of the bible-educated to attempt to reign supreme over nature. Schmucks.:D

There are few cities in this country that can support the title of "world class". You won't find one in Texas, or most other states for that matter. Some that would claim the title, like Gnaw Pork or El Lay, are merely world-class F-Ups. Nasty, overcrowded anthills populated by the depraved and the soulless. I have friends who own places in Berlin and Naples. On their last visit here they went to Gnaw Pork first for a few days, then to Dallas, and finally on to El Lay. They liked Dallas better. Me too.:D

Foat Woaf is a pitiful, doomed-to-fail, blue-collar attempt to be Dallas. If it looks like cow flop, and talks like cow flop, it must be cow flop.:eek:

Rick Hurst
04-19-2009, 08:41 AM
I've lived in Dallas now for over 50yrs. Been to Ft. Worth less than 10 times.

3 of those were at rock concerts back in the 70's and once to the zoo with my kids. The others probably a few inspections.

I've never even been to Billy Bob's. (famous honkey-tonk)

Like Aaron probably I try not to venture beyond I-35 at the edge of Dallas.

Rick

A.D. Miller
04-19-2009, 09:34 AM
Like Aaron probably I try not to venture beyond I-35 at the edge of Dallas.

Rick: What the hell for? There's nothing on the west side worth seeing until you get to Santa Fe.:cool:

Ted Menelly
04-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Rick: What the hell for? There's nothing on the west side worth seeing until you get to Santa Fe.:cool:

Not that I am sticking up for Fort Worth because it leaves little to be desired but seriously.....Dall Ass...folks....come on Dall ass is about as rich in culture as goat cheese. Nothing in Dall Ass has ever impressed me.

Damn, the cultural center in Fort Worth, Botanical Gardens and Japanese Gardens, the zoo, museums, Will Rogers Center, Stock Yards....Can certainly not be put to shame by anything in Dallas...OOps the State Fair, well almost makes it a decent place and that is questionable.

Damn, even the Cowboys got the hell out of Dallas County and moved to Arlington in Tarrant County. The only thing you folks have left is the freaking serious traffif in the AM and PM. You can keep 30. 75, 35 E, 183 and a few others. If I do an inspection in that direction I won't start it until 9:00 am unless I want to leave at 6:30 am to get there at 8:00 am
Now there is not much in the rest of Tarrant County but neither is there in the rest of Dallas County or Collin County with the exception of shopping and I know how you fellas like to go shopping for those pink leotards :p
Couldn't help myself.

The only reason I wish I had moved to the North of Dallas instead of North Tarrant County is the work and better pricing, well, now I have relatives there (that will be keeping an eye on you folks).

A.D. Miller
04-19-2009, 02:21 PM
Not that I am sticking up for Fort Worth because it leaves little to be desired but seriously.....Dall Ass...folks....come on Dall ass is about as rich in culture as goat cheese. Nothing in Dall Ass has ever impressed me.

Damn, the cultural center in Fort Worth, Botanical Gardens and Japanese Gardens, the zoo, museums, Will Rogers Center, Stock Yards....Can certainly not be put to shame by anything in Dallas...OOps the State Fair, well almost makes it a decent place and that is questionable.

Damn, even the Cowboys got the hell out of Dallas County and moved to Arlington in Tarrant County. The only thing you folks have left is the freaking serious traffif in the AM and PM. You can keep 30. 75, 35 E, 183 and a few others. If I do an inspection in that direction I won't start it until 9:00 am unless I want to leave at 6:30 am to get there at 8:00 am
Now there is not much in the rest of Tarrant County but neither is there in the rest of Dallas County or Collin County with the exception of shopping and I know how you fellas like to go shopping for those pink leotards :p
Couldn't help myself.

The only reason I wish I had moved to the North of Dallas instead of North Tarrant County is the work and better pricing, well, now I have relatives there (that will be keeping an eye on you folks).

Ted: Keep on preaching that crap, brother.

Ted Menelly
04-19-2009, 02:31 PM
Ted: Keep on preaching that crap, brother.

I have to say Aaron. You are disapointing me. I have opened things up for you a few times so far and you did not bite. Of course I know you knew I was doing that so that is why the weak come backs :p

Well, I did kind of like post 32. Got a good chuckle out of that one.