PDA

View Full Version : Positive Declining Figures!

A.D. Miller
04-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Sometimes smaller numbers can be a good thing.:D

Ted Menelly
04-24-2009, 01:29 PM
About another 400 and I will feel much better.

I was wondering where I saw that. It was in an email just yesterday.

Does anyone know what the actual purchase figure on homes is since Jan 1rst in the DFW area ?

A.D. Miller
04-24-2009, 01:42 PM
About another 400 and I will feel much better.

I was wondering where I saw that. It was in an email just yesterday.

Does anyone know what the actual purchase figure on homes is since Jan 1rst in the DFW area ?

Dallas Housing Sales, Prices and Listings (http://recenter.tamu.edu/data/hs/hs200b.htm)

A.D. Miller
04-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Ted: I forgot, you live on the wrong side of the river:

Fort Worth Housing Sales, Prices and Listings (http://recenter.tamu.edu/data/hs/hs240b.htm)

Ted Menelly
04-24-2009, 02:59 PM
Well, that does it. I am calling Vinni to have a talk with several of the inspectors in the Dallas area and when He is done I will bee moving in next to you folks.

Now I do realize that the dallas aerea incorporates a lot of bigger populous cities and a larger overall area and the inspector count is also up but per inspector there is a lot more inspections per inspector available. I should have never stopped marketing the area.

Oh well. I guess I will have to sart the new 50.00 inspections throughout Dallas and throw in a free termite, energy and IR inspection along with it and maybe even free crawls :D Slowly move up to a 325 minimum (dog house, Aarons back yard). Then I will be able to afford to live like the rest of the inspector folks in the Dallas area.

Matt Fellman
04-24-2009, 04:18 PM
It looks like you Texas guys are starting to see the same downturn that a lot of other areas have been experiencing. Hopefully, since it took longer to hit you it will be on the lighter side. With your prices not going as crazy as some areas I think you'll come out of this better.

Up here in Oregon I'd say we're right about in the middle. We're definitely not as bad off as the 'hot spots' (So Cal, Arizona, Vegas, Florida, Detroit) but we're worse off than the midwest and Texes from the numbers I've seen.

Our closed/pendings continue to track at about 1/2 of what they have averaged for a given month over the last 5-10 years. Of course, some of that time was somewhat false with the buying frenzy of 05/06 but I'd like to think sooner or later things will pick back up to bit faster pace.

Speaking of agents.... I heard around here that the number of agents in the state was at 9,000 at its peak and is no down in the mid-6,000s - I imagine inspectors are dropping off pretty quickly, too.

Kevin Barre
04-24-2009, 06:07 PM
If these prognosticators are correct, you guys in the DFW area may soon be sitting pretty. When asked to predict which housing markets will rebound the quickest, the DFW area was mentioned frequently. Read the whole article; there are several "experts" who give their opinions. (In other words, don't stop after the first page.)
Five Housing Markets That Will Recover First - Local Markets - Builder Magazine (http://www.builderonline.com/local-markets/first-housing-markets-to-recover.aspx?cid=BLDR090416002)

Brandon Whitmore
04-24-2009, 06:12 PM
Speaking of agents.... I heard around here that the number of agents in the state was at 9,000 at its peak and is no down in the mid-6,000s - I imagine inspectors are dropping off pretty quickly, too.

Matt, I've been trying to track the number of inspector's in OR. Any ideas?

Matt Fellman
04-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Matt, I've been trying to track the number of inspector's in OR. Any ideas?

I paid the CCB $40 a couple years ago for an excel spreadsheet with all of the current contractors. I could sort out the HIs but I can't remember what the outcome was. I don't think it was of as much value as I thought it would be. Basically, I was trying to find out how many of the 1200 or so licenses were active.

That's the closest I could come short of just sitting on the state's website and putting in the numbers one at a time. It actually doesn't take that long to punch them in from the search page. I had an idea to check 20 out of each hundred or so to try and develop some kind of statistical guess as to what % of the total number were active. I just never carried through with it.

It's tough though because I'm sure many guys are still listed as 'active' but are really not in business. Sometimes I feel like I'm one of them :)

A.D. Miller
04-26-2009, 05:24 AM
It looks like you Texas guys are starting to see the same downturn that a lot of other areas have been experiencing. Hopefully, since it took longer to hit you it will be on the lighter side. With your prices not going as crazy as some areas I think you'll come out of this better.

Up here in Oregon I'd say we're right about in the middle. We're definitely not as bad off as the 'hot spots' (So Cal, Arizona, Vegas, Florida, Detroit) but we're worse off than the midwest and Texes from the numbers I've seen.

Our closed/pendings continue to track at about 1/2 of what they have averaged for a given month over the last 5-10 years. Of course, some of that time was somewhat false with the buying frenzy of 05/06 but I'd like to think sooner or later things will pick back up to bit faster pace.

Matt: We have over 10,000 agents just in the North Texas MLS alone.

Ted Menelly
04-26-2009, 06:31 AM

Yes, and in some case 300 to 400 per office. North Central Texas has about 25,000 Real Estate Agents and affiliates.

A.D. Miller
04-26-2009, 06:36 AM
Yes, and in some case 300 to 400 per office. North Central Texas has about 25,000 Real Estate Agents and affiliates.

About half of those are ten-gallon-hat-wearing-girlfriends-of-Ted.:D

Ted Menelly
04-26-2009, 06:37 AM
About half of those are ten-gallon-hat-wearing-girlfriends-of-Ted.:D

How did you know. Good morning Mr Aaron

Matt Fellman
04-26-2009, 09:27 PM

It blew my mind a couple months ago when I was looking over some MLS numbers from Texas. You guys close more houses in a month than we do in several years up here.

A.D. Miller
04-27-2009, 04:44 AM
It blew my mind a couple months ago when I was looking over some MLS numbers from Texas. You guys close more houses in a month than we do in several years up here.

Matt: So then, maybe the Left Coast is not as popular as one might think?