PDA

View Full Version : Don't tread on me...

Michael Thomas
05-02-2009, 02:05 PM
I gotta' admit, this one had me scratching my head... nothing whatsoever under these stairs.

mike huntzinger
05-02-2009, 02:16 PM
Im thinkin there is a fire code to protect the stairs missing, not to mention the loose wires not in conduit

Michael Larson
05-02-2009, 02:17 PM
I gotta' admit, this one had me scratching my head... nothing whatsoever under these stairs.Once upon a time it was common to store screens and storm windows under the stairs.

It's a WAG but the best I have.

Michael Thomas
05-02-2009, 02:22 PM
It's a WAG but the best I have.

Well, it's the best idea I've heard so far.

Jerry Peck
05-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Im thinkin there is a fire code to protect the stairs missing,

Not required for open stairs, only when concealed.

not to mention the loose wires not in conduit

The main problem with that is that it is a cord and plug and goes to a permanently installed box - that is plain not allowed.

Michael T.,

Maybe that was to allow access to the plug for the light before the switch was installed?

Going up the stairs and forgot to unplug the light ... lift that tread and unplug it?

Just another WAG.

Billy Stephens
05-02-2009, 03:58 PM
I gotta' admit, this one had me scratching my head... nothing whatsoever under these stairs.
Must Be a Yankee Thing. :D

Matt Fellman
05-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I've seen people setup their laundry collection area below something similar to that. Just open the step and throw it down.

A.D. Miller
05-03-2009, 04:28 AM
Looks like the typical two-six pack, weekend project . . .

Frank Bombardiere
05-12-2009, 06:53 AM
I see in your pic that you use the Brinkman Dual Xenon flashlight. I have been using those for years and won't use anything else. They have the cleanest light of any flashlight I have seen. Bright and clean. I get them at a local sporting goods store (Academy Sports & Outdoors) for about $25. They are a great inspection light. They usually last about 2 years and I keep two in my bag. They might not last as long as some of the pricey lights, but they have a much cleaner light with no shadows and are afffordable.

Michael Thomas
05-12-2009, 08:18 AM
I see in your pic that you use the Brinkman Dual Xenon flashlight. .

Actually, I use the Xenon/LED model (800-2222-0) - the single Xenon setting is plenty bright, and the LED setting gives a much longer run time.

Vern Heiler
05-12-2009, 08:25 AM
I see in your pic that you use the Brinkman Dual Xenon flashlight. I have been using those for years and won't use anything else. They have the cleanest light of any flashlight I have seen. Bright and clean. I get them at a local sporting goods store (Academy Sports & Outdoors) for about $25. They are a great inspection light. They usually last about 2 years and I keep two in my bag. They might not last as long as some of the pricey lights, but they have a much cleaner light with no shadows and are afffordable.

I've been using mine almost 5 years now, had to replace several bulbs but still going strong. I like it because it fits in the tool belt and draws like a six-shooter. I've had several small children stare wide-eyed at it, thinking it was a gun. Most of the time I use the single bulb setting.