PDA

View Full Version : Tip of the Day 05.05.09

Rick Hurst
05-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Never Never place a 9-volt battery in your pants pocket full of change!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Ouch.....................

In so much pain I don't even know the date.

Wowsers,
Rick

Ted Menelly
05-06-2009, 12:51 PM
Never Never place a 9-volt battery in your pants pocket full of change!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Ouch.....................

In so much pain I don't even know the date.

Wowsers,
Rick

So

You saying that the 9 volt heated up a coin and burnt you or what.

Daniel Leung
05-06-2009, 01:15 PM
[quote=Rick Hurst;83460]Never Never place a 9-volt battery in your pants pocket full of change!:eek: Ouch.....................In so much pain I don't even know the date. /quote]

Rick, probably you got a fire!;) This is a post on eHow.com -
How to start a fire with steel wool, 9volt battery and pocket lint. (http://www.ehow.com/how_2242272_wool-volt-battery-pocket-lint.html)
Instructions
Step 1 Pull a small wad of steel wool off.
Step 2 Place pocket lint in steel wool, the larger the amount of lint, the better.
Step 3 Press the terminals of the 9volt battery to the steel wool. Strands of the steel wool will conduct the electricity and get red hot and open up quickly. If it didn't ignite the lent, move it to another part of the steel wool. If the steel wool is blackened, it will not work again.

Rick Hurst
05-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Ted, Yes sir you are correctamundo.

Didn't have a fire in my pocket but I think the battery terminals were in contact with a "copper" penny and it was rather heated up rather quickly.

:o
Rick

Bruce King
05-06-2009, 01:48 PM
Sounds like a good one, what brand battery did you have there?
The bunny one or an import?