PDA

View Full Version : New From PA

John Benson
05-07-2009, 06:05 AM
Good day everyone. My name is John Benson and I am a real estate marketing consultant in Western Pennsylvania.

I am hoping to learn a lot about the home inspection process from this message board, as I am still relatively new to marketing for the real estate industry.

Do home inspectors even need marketing? Either way, I hope to learn a lot about the home inspection part of the real estate industry by hopping around this message board.

Stuart Brooks
05-08-2009, 02:03 PM
Welcome John. Word of warning. Do not use any term that includes the words, sub and panel.

Do Inspectors need marketing? Well, in short, yes. I prefer direct client contact but a lot of guys survive with only Real Estate Agent referrals. Some have made hanging out in realty offices with brownies, doughnuts, and other goodies a primary marketing method. Some have developed a camaraderie with a few Realtors by never producing a negative inspection report. Some build a clientele and depend on word-of-mouth referrals. Others put together a good web site and pull in independent buyers. Some combine a little of all or some of the preceding. Things that have been a total loser in my marketing efforts, "Yellow Pages", Newspaper, pens, trinkets, gadgets, t-shirts, and caps. The one consistent plus has been my web page and SEO. 95% of my work has come from the web site. The whole web site will be updated in the next month with a new look, new reference and document material, and better SEO.