PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Weekend - What's your plan?

Brian Hannigan
05-21-2009, 02:42 PM
So the big weekend is almost here. Lets hear your plans for a fun vacation/weekend.

I will not be traveling anywhere, might not even get in the car. Will probably go for a few bicycle rides to the harbor (Dana Point) and just work around the house. Nothing to exciting but I like to stay off the roads when all the crazies are out there.

I'm sure I will be BBQing and having a few cold drinks.

Can you top that? ;)

Nick Ostrowski
05-21-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm just looking forward to a few days off in a row for a change with no inspections or reports to write. As nice as it is to be busy again, I haven't had off three days in a row since the beginning of April. Looking to get some fishing in at least one morning or evening.

Scott Patterson
05-21-2009, 03:22 PM
12 year old son has a baseball tournament in Bowling Green KY. So a little travel a couple of warm days at the little league ballpark, a few ballpark hot dogs and a couple of nights in a hotel room.

Rick Hurst
05-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Hopefully this weekend we be able to get in the pool. We'll probably sit around the house, do some grillin, hang out with the grandsons and watch some animated movies.

rick

Ted Menelly
05-21-2009, 05:50 PM
Lake Ray Roberts. A little boating, fishin, grillin. Of course all this after finishing the last inspection on Saturday.

wayne soper
05-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Monday, 12000 sq ft shopping center.

Billy Stephens
05-21-2009, 06:37 PM
Monday, 12000 sq ft shopping center.
You took Your 3 months OFF! :D

Jim Robinson
05-21-2009, 07:26 PM
I think Wayne's going to make a little more than me. I have a 50th birthday party to attend for one of my "older" friends on Sunday. He's not much older, but I like to give him a hard time while I still can. Should be fun. It's also graduation weekend here for high school, so a few parties on Saturday as well.

John Dirks Jr
05-21-2009, 07:34 PM
Might head up to the Flight 93 Memorial.

Flight 93 National Memorial (U.S. National Park Service) (http://www.nps.gov/flni)

Remember? "Lets roll....

I'm not heavily religious but this is a good story. It's worth remembering.

snopes.com: Todd Beamer (http://www.snopes.com/rumors/beamer.asp)

Russel Ray
05-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Holidays, major sporting events, early mornings, late afternoons, and weekends are just other times to make money for me. Real estate doesn't sleep, and neither do I. My competition does, though. LOL

A.D. Miller
05-22-2009, 02:49 AM
Margarita sandwich. That is, big house Saturday, two big houses Monday, with Margaritas in between on Saturday night.:D

Chuck Weaver
05-22-2009, 08:28 AM
On the road again. Going to visit our daughter in Baton Rouge before the real summer heat sets in. Do some fishing maybe.

Matt Fellman
05-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Work Saturday and Monday..... My wife's about to put may face on the back of a milk carton.... I'm just thankful theres one in the fridge with some other food :) We've finally put together a few good weeks in a row and I just gotta run while I can.

Eugene Cameline 3rd
05-22-2009, 12:57 PM
Work Friday,Saturday,and Monday. 2 inspections each day.:( or maybe :D all things considered.

Brent Crouse
05-22-2009, 04:54 PM
My wife and I are going to make the 6 hour drive from Atlanta to Destin, FL, for some R&R. Going to attempt to avoid traffic by leaving Sunday and returning Wednesday. Beautiful white sand beaches down there.

John Arnold
05-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Watch the World Champion Philadelphia Phillies beat them Yankees!

Mike Schulz
05-24-2009, 05:04 PM
Been booked two a day for the last couple of weeks. Took off Saturday for sisters pool party and Volley Ball. I was surprised at how my body doesn't like that kind of moving at the age of 50 :)
Taking off next Fri> Sat> Sun. to go up the Baltimore on the bike. Inner Harbor and eat lots of crabs "Maryland Style"

John Arnold
05-24-2009, 05:18 PM
Watch the World Champion Philadelphia Phillies beat them Yankees!

And two out of three ain't bad! Go PHILLIES!

Ken Bates
05-24-2009, 10:01 PM
I'll avoid the capitalists that capitalize on holiday spending.

I will think about all of those individuals whose one and only precious life was cut short by the conflicts that memorial day was created to reflect upon.

They were voluntary or involuntary pawns ( if you do not play chess then you may not appreciate what I mean ) in class or socioeconomic struggles.

Were it not for them we may not be as comfortable as we are today or even exist.

Joe Laurieri
05-24-2009, 10:40 PM
To all my American friends, whatever it is you do enjoy it - crack a cold one for me -

and to all those serving abroad - God Speed and a safe return home !!

Jim Zborowski
05-25-2009, 05:39 AM
Let's not forget the reason for memorial day and take a moment to remember those who faught and died for our freedom in all the armed forces.

Jim Luttrall
05-25-2009, 12:23 PM
I went to the DFW national cemetery memorial day ceremony today. Very humbling experience.
Freedom isn't free. The rows upon rows of veterans grave markers testify to that fact.
I salute them and to all veterans!

A little reminder:
On Memorial Day in May, the flag should fly at half-staff from sunrise until noon, and at full-staff from noon until sunset.

JB Thompson
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
past tense:

We invited everyone on our block to a backyard BBQ; had a good turnout. Enjoyed everyone's company. Met new neighbors. Thought about those who died for our country and prayed for their families.

(worked real hard getting the backyard presentable to our neighbors)