PDA

View Full Version : water tank vents - money shot

Markus Keller
05-27-2009, 10:45 AM
I don't normally post pictures, no particular reason. I can't help myself this time, I just love a good money shot.
Clients initial reaction to the vents was 'that's not our half of the deck', until I explained the problems.
Of course, another listing agent who thought I was a freak for even wanting to see the roof top deck.
Each 3" PVC pipe is hooked to a 50 gallon gas water heater. I wrote it up as D&H. My guess is the Condo Assoc. is going to be pissed.:D

Jim Luttrall
05-27-2009, 11:03 AM
D&H
???

Markus Keller
05-27-2009, 11:14 AM
D&H = Dangerous and Hazardous, common City terminology here.

Scott Patterson
05-27-2009, 11:43 AM
I don't normally post pictures, no particular reason. I can't help myself this time, I just love a good money shot.
Clients initial reaction to the vents was 'that's not our half of the deck', until I explained the problems.
Of course, another listing agent who thought I was a freak for even wanting to see the roof top deck.
Each 3" PVC pipe is hooked to a 50 gallon gas water heater. I wrote it up as D&H. My guess is the Condo Assoc. is going to be pissed.:D

So are those flue pipes?

Rick Hurst
05-27-2009, 11:51 AM
Looks like rain catchers to me.:D

I notice that childs chair on the deck. Wonder what toys and debris will get placed down those vents? :rolleyes:

rick

Markus Keller
05-27-2009, 12:29 PM
yes flue, not combustion. The kids chairs make it a money shot. Rick your comment is one of the things I explained in the report

Jerry Peck
05-27-2009, 12:34 PM
yes flue, not combustion.

You mean 'instead of Type B gas vents' or 'for the power vented' type?

I understand that neither should be located there, just curious if it was "totally stupid" or if it was "beyond totally stupid" (as if there is a difference).

Markus Keller
05-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Jerry, they are newer power vented units. Combustion air being pulled from hall closet. It's ok though, they put a louvered door on the closet.:D :D

Bob Harper
05-27-2009, 05:28 PM
"D&H = Dangerous and Hazardous, common City terminology here."

Actually, you should be using the new ANSI Z535 series of alert or signal words:
Caution, Warning, Danger.
Caution: something may go wrong and cause some damage or injury
Warning: something likely will go wrong and cause significant damage or serious injury
Danger: something will go wrong and cause severe damage, death or severe injury

You can use the word "notice" for FYI statements.

HTH,
Bob

Jerry Peck
05-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Actually, you should be using the new ANSI Z535 series of alert or signal words:
Caution, Warning, Danger.
Caution: something may go wrong and cause some damage or injury
Warning: something likely will go wrong and cause significant damage or serious injury
Danger: something will go wrong and cause severe damage, death or severe injury

As in (for example :) ):

CAUTION! Taking three more steps may lead to you falling off the cliff and resulting in injury!

WARNING! Taking two more steps may cause you to be seriously injured when you fall off the cliff!

DANGER! Taking one more step will cause you to fall off the cliff to your death!

e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e

(I told you so. :rolleyes: )

Michael Thomas
05-27-2009, 07:48 PM
"Actually, you should be using the new ANSI Z535 series of alert or signal words:

www.appliedsafety.com/ansi_z535dot6_article.pdf (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/www.appliedsafety.com/ansi_z535dot6_article.pdf)

Jerry Peck
05-27-2009, 08:40 PM
www.appliedsafety.com/ansi_z535dot6_article.pdf (http://www.inspectionnews.net/home_inspection/www.appliedsafety.com/ansi_z535dot6_article.pdf)

Let me see if this link works: http://www.appliedsafety.com/ansi_z535dot6_article.pdf