PDA

View Full Version : Got their Attention today

Rick Hurst
05-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I've had a mortgage company that had (3) outstanding invoices with me and after numerous calls to attempt to collect my monies I finally took it upon myself to get their attention. (1) invoice was 6 months old.

7 am. I stood out front of their office building with a sign stating ******** Mortgage Company does not pay their bills, Why pay yours?

The police came out and told me I was on private property and would have to leave. I asked them if I could stand in the median like the homeless are allowed to do so.

They said sure and even chuckled about it.

I got the thumbs up from quite a few folks driving by. One guy hollored to give them hell. Around 8:30, an employee from the mortgage company asked me to come inside and they'd cut my check. They did, and I gave them the sign.:D

rick

Nick Ostrowski
05-29-2009, 03:53 PM
Rick, you're my hero. Awesome!!

Jerry Peck
05-29-2009, 04:05 PM
They did, and I gave them the sign.

Way to go!

I'm guessing that was a very expensive sign they had you make and hand deliver to them. :D

Michael Thomas
05-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Ha! .......

Rick Hurst
05-29-2009, 04:30 PM
Actually Jerry it was one of those "Garage Sale" signs I had saved from the past.

I sprayed white paint over the red lettering, let it dried and then posted my message with a large black marker pen.

My morning appt. called last night to reshedule till next week, so I thought I have time to go after these folks and I did.

I'll probably never get a call from them again, but I don't care to do business with them anyway.;)

rick

Jim Robinson
05-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Totally awesome. I wish I could have seen it.

A million years ago I was selling beverages and wine, and this sandwich shop just would not pay a $150 bill, My boss went into the shop and raised hell in front of all of the customers. They cut a check pretty fast. Embarrassment is pretty motivating.

John Dirks Jr
05-29-2009, 06:49 PM
You are one heck of a character Rick. Definitely brought a smile to my face.:)

Jim Zborowski
05-30-2009, 06:36 AM
Wish you had a video of it, Rick

mathew stouffer
05-30-2009, 07:21 AM
That's great, way to stick it to them. That should have made local news. I am sitting here laughing my ass off.

archivoyeur
06-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Way to go!
That worked much better than adding overdue fees and interest on a daily basis. I don't usually get any attention until the bill is 4 or 5 times the original amount, which could take a whole week.

Well Done!

Jerry Peck
06-01-2009, 12:01 PM
(underlining and bold are mine)

until the bill is 4 or 5 times the original amount, which could take a whole week.

Ummmm ... those are some SERIOUS late charges there. :eek:

Steve Reilly
06-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Good for you. showed some moxie.

Randy Aldering
06-13-2009, 10:21 AM
Absolutely brutal! Great job! I would have loved to see it on the national news. It's a good thing you didn't get a jerk of a COP while you were out there. I could imagine the headline "Home inspector tazed while trying to collect bill from mortgage company."

A.D. Miller
06-13-2009, 03:44 PM
I've had a mortgage company that had (3) outstanding invoices with me and after numerous calls to attempt to collect my monies I finally took it upon myself to get their attention. (1) invoice was 6 months old.

7 am. I stood out front of their office building with a sign stating ******** Mortgage Company does not pay their bills, Why pay yours?

The police came out and told me I was on private property and would have to leave. I asked them if I could stand in the median like the homeless are allowed to do so.

They said sure and even chuckled about it.

I got the thumbs up from quite a few folks driving by. One guy hollored to give them hell. Around 8:30, an employee from the mortgage company asked me to come inside and they'd cut my check. They did, and I gave them the sign.:D

rick

Rick: After my own heart.:D

archivoyeur
06-16-2009, 10:51 AM
(underlining and bold are mine)

Ummmm ... those are some SERIOUS late charges there. :eek:

Why yes, yes indeed they are.
I learned billing practices from the State Insurance Fund here in New York State, which is currently the only place for certain low volume, (<$1,000,000) high risk contractors to obtain liability insurance in NYS. They're as tough as the mob to quit. They just keep billing you, two three bills a week, each one higher than the last. Got my attention when they wanted $8,600 premiums on a $10,000 payroll year.