PDA

View Full Version : Grand Slamarillo

A.D. Miller
06-08-2009, 01:20 PM
My wife is participating in a tennis tournament in - of all places - Amarillo this coming Friday - Sunday. OMG. I have always considered Amarillo to be a pee stop on the way to Santa Fe. All I know of it is the miles of motels and truck stops on the main highway.

Is there anybody out there who knows of anything other than eating 10lb steaks or looking at old buried Cadillacs that one can do there for that length of time?

Help!:D

John Arnold
06-08-2009, 03:39 PM
My wife is participating in a tennis tournament in - of all places - Amarillo this coming Friday - Sunday. OMG. I have always considered Amarillo to be a pee stop on the way to Santa Fe. All I know of it is the miles of motels and truck stops on the main highway.

Is there anybody out there who knows of anything other than eating 10lb steaks or looking at old buried Cadillacs that one can do there for that length of time?

Help!:D

Uh, I guess watching the tennis tournament is out of the question?

Rick Hurst
06-08-2009, 03:44 PM
You could go out to Palo Duro or Caprock Canyons and listen to the total silence. It also has some great views.

rick

A.D. Miller
06-09-2009, 03:27 AM
Uh, I guess watching the tennis tournament is out of the question?

JA: That would be quite correct.;)

A.D. Miller
06-09-2009, 03:28 AM
You could go out to Palo Duro or Caprock Canyons and listen to the total silence. It also has some great views.

rick

Rick: I've been there. Besides that's yet another 5-hour round trip through the speed trap towns out there. Once you've been to Arizona's canyon, it's hard to get high on Palo Duro.