PDA

View Full Version : Incorrectly installed supply lines

Ryan Stouffer
06-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Are these supply lines allowed to be exposed. Also, what is the purpose of this waste plumbing. It is coming from the tpr valve of the water heater but then branches off and some of it runs behind the wall and dumps into the waste plumbimg from an adjacent bathroom sink.

Thanks,

Ryan

Ron Hasil
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
The supply pipes are not an issue. But the T&P valve discharge pipe is not allowed to have other things tied in with it I would believe this to be the issue with any code no matter where you are.Also the covers for the electrical connections are missing, that is a violation as well.

As for the piping being plastic in Illinois the T&P must discharge in the same room as the water heater, and must be metallic pipe with no threads on the bottom of it.

Jerry Peck
06-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Ryan,

There are so many things wrong in that photo that I don't know where to start ...

But let's start with that line off the T&P SAFETY relief valve ... no, that is not allowed.

Now ... have a plumber correct that and EVERYTHING ELSE they find wrong - which will be a bunch.

Ron Hasil
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Ryan,

There are so many things wrong in that photo that I don't know where to start ...

But let's start with that line off the T&P SAFETY relief valve ... no, that is not allowed.

Now ... have a plumber correct that and EVERYTHING ELSE they find wrong - which will be a bunch.

Jerry is right.. the more I look at the photo's the more I want to edit my post. Tell them to get a plumber to correct all violations.

Rick Cantrell
06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
Is that a smoke detector on top of the WH?

mathew stouffer
06-08-2009, 07:53 PM
I think Coco the monkey installed that unit.