PDA

View Full Version : Why do I work Saturdays?

Matt Fellman
06-20-2009, 07:16 PM
I should know better than to hope for an easy house with a quick write-up :(

Nick Ostrowski
06-20-2009, 07:35 PM
I hear you Matt. Sometimes, you wish you could just get the seller's ear for a minute and ask them what they were thinking.

wayne soper
06-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Matt, you should post a copy of the listing along with so we can read how the broker described it:D

Kevin Luce
06-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I had this one from yesterday. A builder took this house and fixed it up.
He closed off one Gable vent and almost closed off the other. Electrical at various locations was installed wrong with the wires to the panel exposed for anyone to stick their fingers in. No firewall where the garage comes in contact with the house. What the pictures shows is only about 25% of the problems found.

Rick Hurst
06-21-2009, 03:22 PM
Why do I work Saturdays?

Would hope it is for an extra fee for working on a Saturday.

Brandon Whitmore
06-21-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Matt,

You weren't the only one working this Saturday. The good news for me is that most of my inspections in the last 2 weeks have been new construction. Yes, that includes this weekends:D

Matt Fellman
06-21-2009, 10:11 PM
Hey Matt,

You weren't the only one working this Saturday. The good news for me is that most of my inspections in the last 2 weeks have been new construction. Yes, that includes this weekends:D

As if you couldn't have guessed this was in SE Portland - Lents area. I'm glad to hear someone else is working weekends. Things are generally much better than a few months ago for me but I still have those 2-3 day stretches where the phone doesn't ring. Hence the Saturday work :(

Brandon Whitmore
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
Why did I have to write that yesterday. Now I will probably end up having a 2 week run of dives...............

Business has definitely picked up in the last couple of months. The last 3 or 4 weeks have been the busiest I have seen since I went off on my own. I'm holding my breath that this winter is not like the last one or I'll be looking for another job.

John Kogel
06-25-2009, 11:10 AM
I should know better than to hope for an easy house with a quick write-up :(Matt what's to write? Those pics are worth thousands of words. How about two words, "Walk away!"?:)