PDA

View Full Version : Porch: Post to beam

Jeff Eastman
06-02-2007, 11:06 AM

Jerry Peck
06-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Looks like a 5 or 6 foot high fence, which would make that open side of the rear porch more than 30" high (did you measure it?), which would require a guardrail there too.

I would say something to the effect that 'Proper strapping of rear gable end/girder truss to the supporting posts could not be verified, have attachment and strapping verified by builder, who may, or may not, need to remove some finish materials for this verification.'

The strapping 'could be' in the enclosed soffit.

Rod Aparicio
06-03-2007, 08:51 PM
I agree 100% with Jerry. Hands down on the open side of the porch. That definitely looks more than 30" high. Also, is it just the angle of the photo or do the vertical spacings at the guardrail adjacent to the door inconsistent? It looks like the intermediate ones are more closely placed oppose to the ones on the ends.

Rick Hurst
06-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Jeff,

I can't help but notice all that green in the background in your pictures. Of all the times I've been in Vegas, I've never seen any areas as such.

What are those homes close too? Just curious.

Rick

Thom Walker
06-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Jeff,

I can't help but notice all that green in the background in your pictures. Of all the times I've been in Vegas, I've never seen any areas as such.

What are those homes close too? Just curious.

Rick

That's what they do with your money, Rick.:D