PDA

View Full Version : Thinking too hard?

Jeff Eastman
06-02-2007, 11:20 AM

Jerry Peck
06-02-2007, 11:30 AM
You could state it as 'There was no designated stair/step area along the rear porch, and, as such, the entire length of the rear porch is the stair/step down from the rear porch, the riser height exceeds the maximum allowed along the (describe area here). This is a potential trip and fall area.'

How high is the area to the right, not shown in this photo? In your other photo, it looks a lot higher than 9" over at the right corner post, looks more like 30" or so, based on fence height. ??? Could be just the angle the photo was taken.

Bruce Breedlove
06-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Other photo? I see only one photo attached to the original message.

Jon Randolph
06-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Most logical fix ???????

Additional backfill could be added to bring it to an acceptible level.

Jon Randolph
06-02-2007, 04:22 PM
I rescind my last post. After looking at the next thread, additional backfill would definatlely NOT be the fix.

Jerry Peck
06-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Additional backfill could be added to bring it to an acceptible level.

Yep, some more fill and more sod (unless they want to try to remove the sod and reuse it).

That's all it needs.

Bruce Breedlove
06-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Other photo? I see only one photo attached to the original message.

I see now. The other photo(s) are on another thread. (Sure to be confusing for anyone reading this thread in a few days/weeks/months.)

Jerry Peck
06-02-2007, 06:49 PM
I see now. The other photo(s) are on another thread. (Sure to be confusing for anyone reading this thread in a few days/weeks/months.)

I know, that's why I find it is better to address multiple issues related to each other on the same thread whenever possible, such as the railing and the step.

Bruce Breedlove
06-02-2007, 07:02 PM
I agree.