PDA

View Full Version : Distribution Panel

mathew stouffer
06-30-2009, 06:26 PM
There was a 600 service and this panel had three 200amp breakers. But my question is regarding the penetration into the lower left of the panel, it appears to be a get er done type of installatoin. Is it acceptable.

Jerry Peck
06-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Mat,

Just to clarify your title - that is a distribution panel and not the service equipment, right?

If so, then am I correct to presume that the 200 amp breakers feed other distribution panels?

That is a (should be a) cable clamp and someone knocked out a small 1/2" knock out when cutting in the larger knock out. It looks like a cable clamp, so that would be okay (other than the opening left behind).

That smaller, missing, knock out opening now needs to be covered.

The question that I have and do not see in those photo is: Where are those larger neutrals for those feeders attached to at the neutral terminal bus? Are there that many large terminals present for those three large neutral conductors?

I see where they are connected, but cannot tell if the terminals they are in are the proper sized ones - especially the one hanging off the neutral terminal bus.

Speedy Petey
06-30-2009, 07:26 PM
The question that I have and do not see in those photo is: Where are those larger neutrals for those feeders attached to at the neutral terminal bus? Are there that many large terminals present for those three large neutral conductors?I thought the same thing at first. Then I found them.

I see one terminating from the bottom, to the right.
Then I see two coming in at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

The one from the bottom looks suspect to me. Looks like an add-on lug.

Jerry Peck
06-30-2009, 08:05 PM
I thought the same thing at first. Then I found them.

I see one terminating from the bottom, to the right.
Then I see two coming in at 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock.

The one from the bottom looks suspect to me. Looks like an add-on lug.

I saw those, but still concerned about their sizes, however, mainly the add-on lug is what my question was about.

This is what I said about them:

I see where they are connected, but cannot tell if the terminals they are in are the proper sized ones - especially the one hanging off the neutral terminal bus.