PDA

View Full Version : vangaurd plastic pipe in mobilehome

mike huntzinger
07-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Had a question about vangaurd plasic pipe is this the stuff that has been recalled? has some repairs done to it but no leaks, built in 1987, you can some of the rrepaired pipe in the photo

Jerry Peck
07-01-2009, 12:04 PM
I don't recall there being a recall on it, just class action lawsuits.

Not sure if those class action lawsuits applied to mobile homes or not.

Nonetheless, that does look like polybutylene piping.

Scott Patterson
07-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Had a question about vangaurd plasic pipe is this the stuff that has been recalled? has some repairs done to it but no leaks, built in 1987, you can some of the rrepaired pipe in the photo

Yes, that is old PB pipe with plastic fittings. I had it in my old home and never had any problems, my home also had PB with copper fittings. The plastic fittings were the ones that were splitting.

Rick Bunzel
07-05-2009, 08:11 AM
Does it say Thermogard on the pipe also? Then it is Vangard's PB pipe and does fail at the fittings. I had it in a home two weeks ago with a Manobloc distribution panel. It took me a bit to fit info on the pipe as Vangard has removed any mention of it from their website. Once I got through to US Vangard distributor they provided me with information on the product.

//Rick

Mike Schulz
07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Mobile homes had a shorter time frame to make a claim, don't know why though. I believe all homes are now about out of the time frame to get assistance. Go to Polybutylene Pipe Settlement Fund > Home (http://www.pbpipe.com)