PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Q1

Brian Thompson
06-03-2007, 08:08 AM
Anyone out there have the Samsung Q1? Any thoughts comments or words of wisdom on the Q1?

Thanks in advance for you thoughts.

Brian

Rick Hurst
06-03-2007, 08:34 AM
I've checked into one, but don't think it would help myself.

The keyboard features is on the sides and lets just say my thumb action would get me in trouble doing a report on this thing.

Sure you can order the separate keyboard but then you have lost the mobile aspect of using the thing.

3 hr. battery life. Order me several batteries then if I'm going to use it.

Brian Thompson
06-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Hey Rick,

What are you using now? Dell Axim? I guess for about a 100 bucks there is a 6.5 hour battery that can be purchased.

Rick Hurst
06-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Brian Thompson,

I've changed my opinion on the Samsung Q1.

We have picked one up and the thing is pretty cool to use.

The only downside is you'll have to buy a external hard drive to load in "Word" if you have a reporting system based on Word format. Cost you an extra 50-75.00.

The small portable keyboard is another 80.

Get the one with the Pentium. Fry's Electronics has them for around a grand.

They are lightweight and really easy to use. The handwriting recognition is unbelievable.

David Betts
08-14-2008, 09:51 AM
Hi Brian,

I've owned a Q-1 for about a year. It has not paid for itself. I think you're better off buying a handheld such as the HP iPaq 211 or the Socket Mobile 650 and shifting over to Jeff Knight's inspection software, which is specialized for PDA's, easy to learn, ultra-simple to customize, and allows truly comprehensive on-site reporting & printing. You will save time and money in the end.

David Betts
ASHI since 1998