PDA

View Full Version : colorado inspector needs california inspector help

CHARLIE VAN FLEET
07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
hey my brothers and sister inspectors in california

my niece is moving to san jose and has just rented a 1940 duplex. she says the owners just purchased this.property.question ?? here in boulder co if you purchase a dwelling and plan to rent it out, you need to have a rental inspection done. although i know this is a joke back here. after i inspected a property for three hours the boulder rental inspector went in for 15 minutes and ok'd everything, even though the furnace was 30 years old. just want to know what the rule is out there, and does anyone have a good hvac person in the san jose area i can hire

thanks
charlie

Jerry McCarthy
07-30-2009, 02:39 PM
Charlie
Email or call Steve Fishman. He is an old timer in that area and may be able to help your sister?
stevefishman@earthlink.net

California law does not require inspections for renters, or any transfer of property for that matter. Buyer Beware (and seller too)

Ron Bibler
07-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Charlie
Email or call Steve Fishman. He is an old timer in that area and may be able to help your sister?
stevefishman@earthlink.net

California law does not require inspections for renters, or any transfer of property for that matter. Buyer Beware (and seller too)

And ( RENTERS )

Best

Ron

Tim Spargo
11-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Some municipalities DO have programs in force for Renters. I can't list them all, but a Housing Department can be contacted to inquire of this. Most citys have Housing Departments, however obscure they are to find. I'm sure a call to Building & Safety/Public Works can direct you to the right place!

I know of a few situations where investors purchased homes in municipalities unaware of this and were'nt too happy to find out.

Some areas will want an initial "look" at the home and every year or two after.