PDA

View Full Version : More Big Business as Usual

A.D. Miller
07-15-2009, 09:17 AM
Wisconsin Supreme Court says makers of lead paint cannot be sued for 'defective design' - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/business/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-us-lead-paint-wisconsin,0,1722801.story)

Michael Larson
07-15-2009, 09:21 AM
Wisconsin Supreme Court says makers of lead paint cannot be sued for 'defective design' - Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/business/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-us-lead-paint-wisconsin,0,1722801.story)Writing for the majority, Justice Ann Walsh Bradley said the boy and other plaintiffs cannot claim manufacturers of white lead carbonate products used as a pigment in residential paints were responsible for a design defect.

"Removing lead from white lead carbonate pigment would transform it into a different product," she wrote. "Under these circumstances, we conclude that the design of white lead carbonate pigment is not defective."

Now that had to be a set back for the product liability lawyers.:cool:

A.D. Miller
07-15-2009, 09:34 AM
Writing for the majority, Justice Ann Walsh Bradley said the boy and other plaintiffs cannot claim manufacturers of white lead carbonate products used as a pigment in residential paints were responsible for a design defect.

"Removing lead from white lead carbonate pigment would transform it into a different product," she wrote. "Under these circumstances, we conclude that the design of white lead carbonate pigment is not defective."

Now that had to be a set back for the product liability lawyers.:cool:

ML: Agreed. I think the Wisconsin judges may have imbibed a bit too much of the local brew to be cognizant.

Michael Larson
07-15-2009, 10:25 AM
ML: Agreed. I think the Wisconsin judges may have imbibed a bit too much of the local brew to be cognizant.That seems to be your latest fetish.

Blaming those who don't agree with you of being on drugs or under the influence.:rolleyes:

A.D. Miller
07-15-2009, 10:38 AM
That seems to be your latest fetish.

Blaming those who don't agree with you of being on drugs or under the influence.:rolleyes:

ML: I was just in Wisconsin last week, and posted my intention to be there on this very forum. Had you the wherewithal to provoke me in person, I assume that you would have contacted me to arrange for your re-education.:D

Michael Larson
07-15-2009, 10:58 AM
ML: I was just in Wisconsin last week, and posted my intention to be there on this very forum. Had you the wherewithal to provoke me in person, I assume that you would have contacted me to arrange for your untimely demise.:DSorry I missed you.

Was that a threat?

A.D. Miller
07-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Was that a threat?

ML: I do not make threats.:D

Michael Larson
07-15-2009, 11:24 AM
ML: I do not make threats.:DOh I'm really skeeeerd now. :rolleyes:

Keep digging that hole with your new shovel.:D