PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast Anyone?

A.D. Miller
07-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Short of lugging pots and pans around on inspections, how do you inspect an induction cooktop element for operation?

Jim Luttrall
07-18-2009, 11:21 AM
What, you don't carry a test pan?;)

If in an occupied house, I will use their pan, otherwise, I will disclaim. I know of no accurate method of testing.

Dom D'Agostino
07-18-2009, 11:33 AM
If in an occupied house, I will use their pan, otherwise, I will disclaim. I know of no accurate method of testing.

Agreed....

Dom.

Billy Stephens
07-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Short of lugging pots and pans around on inspections,

how do you inspect an induction cooktop element for operation?
And You Call Yourself an Inspector. :rolleyes:. :D

Jerry Peck
07-18-2009, 01:32 PM
You know that scrap tin tab you threw away ... that 2" circle of steel which was cupped? :D

Yep, put a little water in it, set it on the burner, and watch it boil.

Of course you will also want to lay a paper towel under it to absorb the spill/splash over. :)

I used to bring a plastic cup to put water in to test microwave ovens with, a steel cup would work for the induction cooktops and ranges.

A.D. Miller
07-18-2009, 03:40 PM
You know that scrap tin tab you threw away ... that 2" circle of steel which was cupped? :D

Yep, put a little water in it, set it on the burner, and watch it boil.

Of course you will also want to lay a paper towel under it to absorb the spill/splash over. :)

I used to bring a plastic cup to put water in to test microwave ovens with, a steel cup would work for the induction cooktops and ranges.

JP: Good idea. Thanks.

Matt Fellman
07-18-2009, 11:31 PM
I just check the pictures on the wall to make the kids look 'healthy' and assume the stove works.

A.D. Miller
07-20-2009, 02:52 AM
All of the ones I have seen still get warm to the touch when turned on. Some of them you have to depress the button in the center of the burner.

FK: This was a flat glass top, no center button and no heat rise.

Jerry McCarthy
07-28-2009, 04:18 PM
I used toi put a metal pot filled with water in the microwave, turn it on full and watch the fun!