PDA

View Full Version : Some of My Best Advertising Bucks

Rick Hurst
07-30-2009, 09:31 AM
This year was sponsoring a Little League Baseball team believe it or not.

My business name went on the back of all the guys jerseys, and I had a fence banner that was at the ballfield all season.

A total of 20+ inspections came in alone off this small investment.

Below is a couple of pictures. Name is hard to see in the pics but its there.

By the way, they won district champs and went to State but got beat out there. But it was all fun as it should be.

So when you get those calls for sponsorship, I hope you reconsider.

Rick

Raymond Wand
07-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Thats a novel approach. Great idea!

Ted Menelly
07-30-2009, 10:51 AM
This year was sponsoring a Little League Baseball team believe it or not.

My business name went on the back of all the guys jerseys, and I had a fence banner that was at the ballfield all season.

A total of 20+ inspections came in alone off this small investment.

Below is a couple of pictures. Name is hard to see in the pics but its there.

By the way, they won district champs and went to State but got beat out there. But it was all fun as it should be.

So when you get those calls for sponsorship, I hope you reconsider.

Rick

I think I might be in the beginnings of not likeing you anymore.

I advertised with a team last year and did not receive one call.

Online paid marketing......Almost no calls.

I know from what you say both have worked out quite well.

How is it one can do marketing (the same marketing) and not have it pay out and the other rakes it in..............

I am seriously thinking of moving to the North of Dallas area to renew my marketing I once did in that area. Most of whom I talk to in that area are usually doing a bit better and are able to charge A bit more. That could mean many multiple thousands in income and would be worth the move.

Jerry McCarthy
07-30-2009, 12:03 PM
When I was in the trenches I had yellow highlighters with my name and phone number printed on them and everybody who received a report got a highlighter.
I told the agents, who gave me business to have their clients highlight all items where I recommended corrective work and/or further evaluation by a qualified expert in the area I noted.
I don't know about the clients, but the agents loved them and were always asking for more. $62.50 for 500 was a deal back then and I had to reorder almost every 10 months. Best bang for the buck I ever did.
Some of my HI friends who are still in business tell me they still see them around and occasionally find one of my dated business cards inside the home’s electrical service panel. My mottos operandi back then.

PS: no groceries and no donuts for RE office presentations either.