PDA

View Full Version : HI can't make up his mind ..

Nolan Kienitz
08-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Was talking with my client when finishing up an inspection on a 5K s.f property. He had asked me to inspect the site for him as he was impressed with my work/report as I had just inspected his house two weeks ago. He was given the report from the buyer's agent for the needed repair concerns, etc..
Anyway ... he was sharing a story where his brother had home inspected recently (DFW Market) and the HI showed up in a truck with multiple company names on it ... from roofer to handyman and included inspector in the fine print. Maybe he decides what job he will do as he is driving to the site ???
The inspector was so full of himself and was bragging about how he was a professional at making sure roof coverings have adequate damage to qualify for full insurance coverage under hail storms.
Then when he was done with the inspection ... took him about 1-hour and was handing over the minimum TREC form with checkboxes and also said that he could work a deal with them for the repairs he noted in the report.
I told my client that it is frustrating when many of us work our tails off to do the right thing and then there are still plenty of the 'drive-bys' out there scamming folks.
My clients brother was considering a complaint to TREC, but that likely won't produce any great results.
Oh well ... it is what it is.

Ron Bibler
08-01-2009, 07:19 PM
Just keep doing the wright thing Nolan.

You will always sleep better they any guy like that.

Best

Ron

A.D. Miller
08-02-2009, 09:51 AM
My clients brother was considering a complaint to TREC, but that likely won't produce any great results.

NK: Eliminate the terms "likely" and "great" from that statement and you will have hit the nail squarely on the head.:D

Jeffrey L. Mathis
08-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I wish it were true, but likely the scoundrels sleep just fine. They didn't care to start with. Whie we are far more likely to fret over details and clarity of language.
JLMathis

billy claggett
12-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Was talking with my client when finishing up an inspection on a 5K s.f property. He had asked me to inspect the site for him as he was impressed with my work/report as I had just inspected his house two weeks ago. He was given the report from the buyer's agent for the needed repair concerns, etc..
Anyway ... he was sharing a story where his brother had home inspected recently (DFW Market) and the HI showed up in a truck with multiple company names on it ... from roofer to handyman and included inspector in the fine print. Maybe he decides what job he will do as he is driving to the site ???
The inspector was so full of himself and was bragging about how he was a professional at making sure roof coverings have adequate damage to qualify for full insurance coverage under hail storms.
Then when he was done with the inspection ... took him about 1-hour and was handing over the minimum TREC form with checkboxes and also said that he could work a deal with them for the repairs he noted in the report.
I told my client that it is frustrating when many of us work our tails off to do the right thing and then there are still plenty of the 'drive-bys' out there scamming folks.
Oh well ... it is what it is.
well if you contact jay fuller direct and let him know this guys info hell prolly pull his liscense after a brief investigation if you need his number just let me know