PDA

View Full Version : Coping tiles

william siegel
08-04-2009, 06:50 PM
These tiles stick out bout 2 to three inches from the pool. A few of them are like this, and some of them are missing the grout between them. Outside of the fact that they are dangerous, would anyone recommend that they be replaced.

Jim Luttrall
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Replace the broken ones, repair the missing mortar. But of more concern to me is the underlying cause of the crack that telegraphs through several of those tiles in your second pic.

Jerry Peck
08-04-2009, 07:16 PM
These tiles stick out bout 2 to three inches from the pool. A few of them are like this, and some of them are missing the grout between them. Outside of the fact that they are dangerous, would anyone recommend that they be replaced.

Replaced AND shortened.

Pavers are thick enough and strong enough to stick out like that, TILES are not ... which is why they broke in the first place.

Did you tap them with your tapper stick? I'm guessing the tiles are also loose around the coping, meaning all loose ones also need to be removed and replaced.

Rick Hurst
08-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Did you see any cracks in the pool wall? Has this pool been re-plastered by chance?

rick

william siegel
08-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Jerry,

I did tap all the way around. Stangely enough, all of them were tight. I even tried pulling on them in various areas and nothing gave.

Rick,

Interesting point. The pool has a Diamond Brite finish. Looks about two to three years old. Did not notice any cracking.