PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Time a Charm?

Nick Ostrowski
08-06-2009, 10:10 AM
I did a 2nd inspection this morning for a client who bailed on the first property because of issues. This one was even worse. Among other things, there were live termites in the basement, 1st floor kitchen and living room, and 2nd floor rear bedroom.

A.D. Miller
08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
I did a 2nd inspection this morning for a client who bailed on the first property because of issues. This one was even worse. Among other things, there were live termites in the basement, 1st floor kitchen and living room, and 2nd floor rear bedroom.

NO: I've been reading your posts for a couple of years now and am simply amazed at the poor property conditions you encounter on a regular basis. Is the housing stock in Philly really that run down, or are you just a really lucky guy?:D

Nick Ostrowski
08-06-2009, 12:36 PM
A little bit of both Aaron. But mainly, a lot of old houses that had little to no maintenance over the years and hacks doing the repairs and renovations. Inspecting a rehab up here is always an adventure, and the adventure is rarely ever fun.

John Arnold
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
Nick - We're going to have to start posting some pics of some nice houses and neighborhoods in Philadelphia. We're giving the city a bad name!

A.D. Miller
08-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Nick - We're going to have to start posting some pics of some nice houses and neighborhoods in Philadelphia. We're giving the city a bad name!

JA: Good idea. I had been thinking of taking a vacation there sometime in the future, until I saw all of these shacks you guys post.:mad:

Nick Ostrowski
08-06-2009, 12:55 PM
After all the crap I saw in this house today, I laughed out loud when I saw the cage around the condenser. It was embedded in the wall and the ground. That sucker would have to be cut out to get at the unit or the shut-off crammed in behind it.

Frank Bombardiere
08-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I have had some clients that have gone to their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th houses and it seems they pick a worse one each time and end up buying the worst of the bunch just because they are sick of it. Usually someone that doesn't get that there is a reason the house is priced so low.

I have a good friend that is a professor at Pitt. He loves it out there, but it does sound like a bunch of crap holes. We could use some more good inspectors here in OKC. Come on down. The market has been great.

Nick Ostrowski
08-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the offer Frank but I spent a week in Tulsa in 2001. It was so hot I thought I saw a little red guy holding a pitchfork. ;)

A.D. Miller
08-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the offer Frank but I spent a week in Tulsa in 2001. It was so hot I thought I saw a little red guy holding a pitchfork. ;)

NO: Tulsa is about how far Texans must go to begin cooling off that time of year. The little red guy lives in SW Texas, but has ambassadors all over the state.:D

Nolan Kienitz
08-13-2009, 08:21 PM

Aw .. it's not so bad. I actually took time to measure temperature in this afternoon's attic: 155-degrees. :eek: I think ambient air temp today was in mid to upper 90s.

Thank goodness the attic was easy access from one end to another.

A.D. Miller
08-14-2009, 04:04 AM
Aw .. it's not so bad. I actually took time to measure temperature in this afternoon's attic: 155-degrees. :eek: I think ambient air temp today was in mid to upper 90s.

Thank goodness the attic was easy access from one end to another.

NK: Yes, and this is without a doubt one of the coolest summers we have had in a decade!:eek: