PDA

View Full Version : REPORTING SOFTWARE

GLENN HOLSTEIN
08-11-2009, 06:21 AM
I've looked at some reporting software and they all seem the about the same, The school I went to pushed inspectit is there any opinons which one is the best.

Ron Bibler
08-11-2009, 06:39 AM
I've looked at some reporting software and they all seem the about the same, The school I went to pushed inspectit is there any opinons which one is the best.

This subject was just covered in another thread but we can rework it.

I was using Inspectvue but I had to dump that

I like MSWORD WYSIWYG. I just can't run a program that i can't see the report as i'm working.

A word program gives you so much more freedom to make the report look the way you want.

Almost every program i have look at. you can end up with 4 or 5 pages of BS Then you end up with photos on one page and you tex on the next:eek: that sucks. and if you want to look at the report you will need to print first. that sucks.

So I like WYSIWYG You can see the report as you are typing.

what you see is what you get... MSWORD I had in my computer so it was free.:D

Best

Ron

Scott Patterson
08-11-2009, 07:09 AM
I think it is Inspectit that has had support problems.

I use 3D and have so for years. It allows you to see the report by page before you print in a preview mode.

Every year when I attend Inspection World I look at all of the various software programs to see if I can find one I like better. I think Homegauge is the closest to the one I might consider changing to, if I it comes down to me having to change. Over the years, I have never heard anything negative about either one of them.

Ted Menelly
08-11-2009, 02:46 PM
You might want to ask Aaron Miller (he just became a Whisperer, if you believe he ever whispers :)) or Nolan or myself or a whole lot of folks about whisper software.

About as easy as it gets and there is not a lot of bull putting a report together. Click on the next section enter your findingfs click on the next.

2 seconds to turn it into a PDF and you are done and I will garranty you the support is excellent.

I have tried all of them thru the years whether it be using them or downloading a sample use and trying them for a month.

You just can not get an easier no bull program that is extremely easy to use and great service (which you probably will never need)

Randy Aldering
08-12-2009, 09:46 AM
I have been studying the same issue. I have been impressed with 3D for two reasons: I was able to get a demo copy easily, and the technical support people have been very helpful despite the fact that I have not purchased any thing from them yet. The down side of the computer reporting: there seems to be no advantage as far as actual content of the report, and technology is not perfect. Batteries fail, hardware fails, and so forth. Real estate agents seem to like them because they can e-mail them around easily.

Jeff Knight
08-12-2009, 12:19 PM
Glenn,
I will ask my canned question I ask all inspectors looking for new software ? Are you looking for software that helps you create the report later after the inspection or are you looking for software to help you collect the inspection findings as you are doing your inspection on a portable type of computer ? These are 2 different types of software.

A.D. Miller
08-12-2009, 01:12 PM
You might want to ask Aaron Miller (he just became a Whisperer, if you believe he ever whispers :)) or Nolan or myself or a whole lot of folks about whisper software.

About as easy as it gets and there is not a lot of bull putting a report together. Click on the next section enter your findingfs click on the next.

2 seconds to turn it into a PDF and you are done and I will garranty you the support is excellent.

I have tried all of them thru the years whether it be using them or downloading a sample use and trying them for a month.

You just can not get an easier no bull program that is extremely easy to use and great service (which you probably will never need)

TM: I have not yet used Whisper's report software. I was attempting to bail from AHIT's InspectIt because of the bugs it has regarding conflicts with nearly every other software known to man. So I approached the Whisper Solutions Team with my concerns. They are very helpful, very responsive, and very knowledgeable.

They have just a few more things to finish up before they have a way for me to migrate all of my InspectIt information over to their product. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Ron Bibler
08-12-2009, 02:28 PM
TM: I have not yet used Whisper's report software. I was attempting to bail from AHIT's InspectIt because of the bugs it has regarding conflicts with nearly every other software known to man. So I approached the Whisper Solutions Team with my concerns. They are very helpful, very responsive, and very knowledgeable.

They have just a few more things to finish up before they have a way for me to migrate all of my InspectIt information over to their product. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Aaron can you find out if this program can fix the issue of a photo on one page and you text on the next:eek: Or split text like one part of the text on one page and the other half on the next page with no heading.

Best

Ron

Ted Menelly
08-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Aaron can you find out if this program can fix the issue of a photo on one page and you text on the next:eek: Or split text like one part of the text on one page and the other half on the next page with no heading.

Best

Ron

Just as in any program if you just keep typing and adding goodies it is going to split it up from one page to the next.

What you can do is hit the preview button and you will see how every page is laid out. If text is split then just add spacing to the beginning of the text to move it to the next page. same things with split text and picture.

Besides the pictures have the text on them. You do not have to put it below or above or beside the text. As in the pic below just for an examlpe

GLENN HOLSTEIN
08-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Glenn,
I will ask my canned question I ask all inspectors looking for new software ? Are you looking for software that helps you create the report later after the inspection or are you looking for software to help you collect the inspection findings as you are doing your inspection on a portable type of computer ? These are 2 different types of software.

I'm looking for one the I can input at the inspection site than review and fine tune at home than Either E-mail or turn in to the client the next day.

Trent Tarter
08-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I use HomeGauge, if you have not already downloaded the trial version, I recommend doing so. You will see that there are many different report formats, print options and layouts. There support is great and they are always improving there product. One thing that I don't use is there auto comments, or smart sentences. No matter how much you spend on software don't expect it to do the talking for you. Be sure to use your own words or modify pre-written comments to your liking.

Marc M
08-12-2009, 10:48 PM
I was able to demo the new inspectvue 5 (or whatever it's called) during it's beta testing. i must disclose first, that I am very unhappy with inspectvue, but the new version is promising. The customer support however, is another story.

Jeff Knight
08-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Glenn,
Are you looking at being able to use a handheld device to do the collection and having the ability to print to a portable printer on site as a summary report and/or the full report including pictures if included ? and the ability to then export the data back at the office as a Word document to e-mail as a pdf file ?

GLENN HOLSTEIN
08-13-2009, 05:39 AM
Right now a laptop until I get more established and than look into and handheld device.

The school I went tool we trained on paper reports and that is not even a option so I was looking into the computer computer aided report where I can report what I find than go home do finished copy for the client.

They showed us the Inspectit Software and I kinda liked that but I was getting some input from more experienced inspectors.

I'm just getting started so I'm on a tight budget also.

Jeff Knight
08-13-2009, 07:44 AM
Glenn,
A PocketPC is cheaper then a laptop. They are in the $250-$400 range. It is also easier to carry around with you as you do your inspection then a laptop (a laptop by definition means you have a lap). If you have any further questions please feel free to give me a call. We have been helping home inspectors for over 12 years. Just trying to help you make the right decision for what works best for YOU. 715-381-1433.

Matt Fellman
08-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I love my MS Word based report. I have all kinds of freedom to put things where I want to. They PDF in less than 30 seconds and can be emailed very quickly (the largest report is well under 1 megabyte).

As for data and report writing I have a super small IBM laptop that I can setup on a counter top and input data and write the report or do it all back at home or in my truck between jobs. The laptop weighs about 3 lbs, has a full size keyboard and a 6 hour battery. It's easily the best electronic device I've ever bought. The best part is the price.... I paid $300 on Ebay for it used (lightly).

If I were starting out and trying to cut costs the last thing I'd spend money on is an expensive software program. We get jobs all the time from agents who saw our report and liked the simplicity of it and it. The best thing is that it was put together in a few hours essentially for free.

Ron Bibler
08-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Right now a laptop until I get more established and than look into and handheld device.

The school I went tool we trained on paper reports and that is not even a option so I was looking into the computer computer aided report where I can report what I find than go home do finished copy for the client.

They showed us the Inspectit Software and I kinda liked that but I was getting some input from more experienced inspectors.

I'm just getting started so I'm on a tight budget also.

By far MSWORD is a better way to go. you never need soft wear help.
You can see the report as you work. just go up or down the to look at any area of the report as you work. this help if you want to tag a section of the exterior to sub-area. I use office 97.

I use a small HP camera on the job site and type the report back at the office. now check this out... I have it down to 45 to 60 min. a report... the report is about 80% all set up I just start by removing what I don't need in the report. this cut a lot of time looking around for the correct paragraph.
If something is odd I just type it in. done.

This about as cheap as it get but the report are so much better looking.

Best

Ron

A.D. Miller
08-14-2009, 04:11 AM
By far MSWORD is a better way to go. you never need soft wear help.

RB: You must be referring to the as yet unreleased version of MS Word which is a part of the next generation of the MS operating system: "Microsoft Perfect". No problems, no performance, no sh*t. Bill Gates does the Bhagavad Gita.

In your dreams!:eek:

Mike Gault
08-14-2009, 05:06 AM
HomeGuage and print as a pdf using PrimoPDF and email.

Haven't done a paper report in over two years (three year anniversary next March!)

Ron Bibler
08-14-2009, 05:13 AM
RB: You must be referring to the as yet unreleased version of MS Word which is a part of the next generation of the MS operating system: "Microsoft Perfect". No problems, no performance, no sh*t. Bill Gates does the Bhagavad Gita.

In your dreams!:eek:

BAGDAD BOB----What Let me guesssssss you got one of the bad ones :eek: Why is it that crap only happens to you BAGDAD BOB:D

My ststems run just fine. In 10 years I think its been down 5 times. just do a reboot back working.:D

Best

Ron

A.D. Miller
08-14-2009, 06:03 AM
BAGDAD BOB----What Let me guesssssss you got one of the bad ones :eek: Why is it that crap only happens to you BAGDAD BOB:D

My ststems run just fine. In 10 years I think its been down 5 times. just do a reboot back working.:D

Best

Ron

RB: That is probably due to the fact that you only have three programs on Windows: Word for Windows, The Hustler Babes Screen Saver, and the FLIR Swimsuit Calendar . . .:D

Jeff Knight
08-15-2009, 02:46 PM
I love my MS Word based report. I have all kinds of freedom to put things where I want to. They PDF in less than 30 seconds and can be emailed very quickly (the largest report is well under 1 megabyte).

As for data and report writing I have a super small IBM laptop that I can setup on a counter top and input data and write the report or do it all back at home or in my truck between jobs. The laptop weighs about 3 lbs, has a full size keyboard and a 6 hour battery. It's easily the best electronic device I've ever bought. The best part is the price.... I paid $300 on Ebay for it used (lightly).

If I were starting out and trying to cut costs the last thing I'd spend money on is an expensive software program. We get jobs all the time from agents who saw our report and liked the simplicity of it and it. The best thing is that it was put together in a few hours essentially for free.

Matt,
Just curious. I saw your sample report on your website which was 6 pages long with pictures. Is that the normal length of your reports or is that just a subsection of the full report ?

I understand that YOU may feel software is the last thing you would spend money on but in my 12 years of talking to inspectors almost all of them would say that the software had a huge impact in how successful their business became.

Ted Menelly
08-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Matt,
Just curious. I saw your sample report on your website which was 6 pages long with pictures. Is that the normal length of your reports or is that just a subsection of the full report ?

I understand that YOU may feel software is the last thing you would spend money on but in my 12 years of talking to inspectors almost all of them would say that the software had a huge impact in how successful their business became.

Look on the cover page just under the picture of the home!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Knight
08-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Look on the cover page just under the picture of the home!!!!!!!!!!!

Ted,
Yes...I see now that it is a partial report. I would probably actually call the link "partial sample report" instead of just "sample report". Some potential clients might not read the context under the picture and might get the wrong impression. I also noticed that it says that they avoid confusing unnecessary check boxes but then I see there are check boxes in the sample report....and some that are unneeded.

Paul Sigler
08-29-2009, 12:37 PM
Does anyone have a source for home inspection software that will work on a handheld pc with an operating system using Windows CE 2000?
Thanks for your help.

http://nachi.cachefly.net/forum/images/2006/misc/progress.gif

Louie Flores
08-31-2009, 12:03 PM
I use Home Inspector Pro, and just bought a tablet and use it on site collecting information after my inspection add my pictures review and done..The support with HIP is second to Nun, Contact Dom he gives the best support out there. any updates are free and there are other free templates you can download from his site. It is a very to use software, you can view your report before you print it or send it out as a PDF upload to your site or what ever..

Lou

Anthony Coscia
09-04-2009, 03:22 PM
Glenn
I don't know if you have purchased software yet but you may want to check out EZ Home inspection software. EZ Home Inspection Software (http://www.ezhomeinspectionsoftware.com/)

Simplest I ever used, doesn't cost a "Arm and a Leg" No $800 to $1000 cost. Works on PC or Laptop/Tablet. Completly customizable to any property, commercial or residential, mold, radon and whatnot. Summery, PDF creator, picture program, it's got it all. Great alternative to the high end over priced software out there.

Tony

Matt Fellman
09-05-2009, 09:01 PM
Ted,
Yes...I see now that it is a partial report. I would probably actually call the link "partial sample report" instead of just "sample report". Some potential clients might not read the context under the picture and might get the wrong impression. I also noticed that it says that they avoid confusing unnecessary check boxes but then I see there are check boxes in the sample report....and some that are unneeded.

Hate to say it Jeff but since you apparently sell a competing product I get the feeling you're not exactly impartial.

If you've looked at many HI reports I think you'll find ours has far less boxes and tables than most. That's what the reference is to. It doesn't say there are no check boxes.

In any case we're very happy with it and probably won't be buying your product anytime soon... but thanks for the input.

On Edit: I had never seen/heard of your product but just checked it out. Overall, I think it's as good or better than any of the others out there. The format is clear and easy to follow which is a nice change from a lot I see.

One thing I don't understand is the use of the word "review" - My state would never go for that. It's repair, replace or further evaluate. Maybe things vary from state to state. I know 10 years ago when I got into this it was okay to just go through and give people a list of conditions. With the last revision of our SOPs we have to pretty much tell people what to do.

Michael P. O'Handley
09-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Inspect Express.

Runs in desktop, laptop, tablet and pocket PC. It's a MS Word based program. Lets you see what your building and you can toggle between the page view and the composition box so it's WYSIWYG.

You can do reports on-site or off-site.

With a simple switch of the settings you can go from creating a full-narrative report to a partial narrative report similar to Inspect It.

You can completely customize it to look like you want it to look and you can replace boiler plate with your custom comment easily.

You can create your own conventions and definitions and insert them directly into the program.

I you are a rookie, use it onsite with a palm computer or netbook and it will literally guide you through the inspection process to ensure you don't miss anything.

It has a Picture Drop feature that lets you drop photos into the report wherever you want them and the report wraps right around them.

It's a pretty good product. I'm still using a 2003 version that I like so much that I can't bring myself to change. Since then, they've added lots of new features and capabilities to the program.

It's not a big company - just two people up on Vancouver Island. They are very responsive. Give 'em a good idea for a new feature for the software and they usually gin it up in a few days time.

In the interest of full disclosure, the developers do all the programming on my own site in exchange for banner space, but I don't make anything on sales of their software. I used to use Inspect It and didn't like it. I was searching for a program to replace it with when I met these folks.

Good folks, good product.

INSPECTEXPRESS Home Inspection Software (http://www.inspectexpress.com)

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike O'Handley, LHI
Your Inspector LLC.
Kenmore, Washington
Wa. Lic. Home Inspector #202

Raymond Wand
09-06-2009, 05:28 AM
Inspectit has always worked for me, and no problem with spacing when used in MS word, which it is designed for.

Also take a look at Carson Dunlop web based reporting.
Home Inspection Software for Home Inspectors - Horizon by Carson Dunlop (http://about.discoverhorizon.com/)

Joe Klampfer
09-11-2009, 07:46 AM
I bought into & tried two previous HI software programs, Inspect-vue & Inspect Express, after huge frustrations and spending 100's of hours on each I have switched over to HomeGauge about 8 mos ago and I'm here to tell you it has been the best HI decision I ever made (along with buying my Little Giant). My only regret is that I didn't do it from the get-go.

The software is great, the support is awesome and I think it's actually improved inspection call volume because everyone from the buyers, sellers and Realtors all love the report style.

You can try all the others, like I did, but in hind site, save yourself all the hours, money and aggravation and just jump into the best program from the start.

just mho.

Rick Maday
09-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Check out Home Inspector Pro. (http://www.homeinspectorpro.com)

I use the software and the web sites. Products and support second to none.

Get free demos from various vendors and find what suits you best.

Jeff Knight
09-12-2009, 11:36 AM
Hate to say it Jeff but since you apparently sell a competing product I get the feeling you're not exactly impartial.

If you've looked at many HI reports I think you'll find ours has far less boxes and tables than most. That's what the reference is to. It doesn't say there are no check boxes.

In any case we're very happy with it and probably won't be buying your product anytime soon... but thanks for the input.

On Edit: I had never seen/heard of your product but just checked it out. Overall, I think it's as good or better than any of the others out there. The format is clear and easy to follow which is a nice change from a lot I see.

One thing I don't understand is the use of the word "review" - My state would never go for that. It's repair, replace or further evaluate. Maybe things vary from state to state. I know 10 years ago when I got into this it was okay to just go through and give people a list of conditions. With the last revision of our SOPs we have to pretty much tell people what to do.

Matt,
I am not sure why us selling a software product has anything to do with my comment on whether you should say "partial report" on the heading of your web link or my comment that you do have unnecessary checkboxes in your sample report that are not needed. It has nothing to do with our software or yours. I am not attempting to sell our software to you but I am just giving my HUMBLE opinion on your sample report on your website.

On the checkboxes I would comment that under Plumbing there is no reason to have the Copper, Galvanized and Cast Iron checkboxes in the report under the "Drain, Waste & Vent Pipes" since you have determined they are Plastic....under the Interior section you have a bunch of checkboxes for a lot of the items that are not needed once it is determined what type they actually are. Just an observation...no big deal.

Anthony Alderman
09-15-2009, 06:39 AM
I use and love the "Home Gauge" software. Use it on Laptop, office PC and PDA. Never been easer or more complete. They are what you make it though by how well you update your own verbiage/boilerplate.

The support is fantastic and they will work with you to personalize the program to your specific needs or tastes.
Tony

Anthony Coscia
11-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey Rusty,
If you noticed Post #27 on here, I already threw the software into this shark tank. Nobody commented on it. I got the feeling that if it's not hoity toity high dollar ($900-$1000) and well known software, it must be caca and doesn't even warrent a thought that possibly it might actually work and be good. Even if it is simple and easy to use. Simple can be a scary :eek: thing to experts.

Tony

Michael P. O'Handley
11-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Not sure I see the logic in that.

Just because nobody has responded to a post about a software product doesn't mean that they think it's crap. I don't think that hoity toity, high dollar or well known has anything to do with it. If nobody has used a certain software, why would they want to comment about it?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Gunnar Alquist
11-07-2009, 08:33 PM
Actually, according to another post, Rusty wrote and is selling it. As JP has already said, it would have been nicer of him to contact Brian and advertise legitimately.

Chuck Lambert
11-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Glenn,

3D IMHO does both. Easy to input on-site and easy to input off-site. 3D is very easy to use and is a VERY powerful program.

It allows use of a Pocket PC and allows multiple inspectors, inspecting a large property at the same time, with multiple computers ( laptops, notebook, tablets and/or Pocket PC's) to merge reports in seconds. Also works very well with voice recognition software.

Chuck

Scott Patterson
11-08-2009, 08:56 AM
Actually, according to another post, Rusty wrote and is selling it. As JP has already said, it would have been nicer of him to contact Brian and advertise legitimately.

Actually Rusty owns the domain name as well! Ya, think it might be his company?

domain: ezhomeinspectionsoftware.com
created: 25-Jun-2008
last-changed: 26-Jun-2009
registration-expiration: 25-Jun-2010

nserver: ns57.1and1.com 74.208.2.9
nserver: ns58.1and1.com 74.208.3.8

registrant-firstname: Rusty
registrant-lastname: Craig
registrant-organization: A to Z Home Inspections
registrant-street1: 919 S Prince LN
registrant-pcode: 65802
registrant-state: MO
registrant-city: Springfield
registrant-ccode: US
registrant-phone: +1.5737466087
registrant-email: rusty_craig@sbcglobal.net

Ted Menelly
11-08-2009, 03:23 PM
Isn't the INTERNET a wonderful thing. Imagine the time it use to take to look something like that up with out the INTERNET.

Rick Vernon
11-08-2009, 07:25 PM
Okay, I'm in...... I use Palm-Tech software and a PDA.
As Chuck said about 3D

It allows use of a Pocket PC and allows multiple inspectors, inspecting a large property at the same time, with multiple computers ( laptops, notebook, tablets and/or Pocket PC's) to merge reports in second.

Support is execellent. Also a sponser of this site.

Rusty Craig
11-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Scott P,

I'm not trying to hide the fact that I own EZ Home Inspection Software (http://www.ezhomeinspectionsoftware.com). I've stated it openly that I own the company in different posts... The truth is I'm an inspector myself and couldn't find an affordable program with the powerful features that i needed so I had one created.

I was a new inspector once and know what it's like to start out in the industry and not want to spend $500+ on a reporting system. I think new inspectors should know about more affordable programs out there but they remove my posts because this forum has already been sponsored by the people who sell the $1,000+ software.

The big software co's can afford to sponsor all the forums because they charge way too much for their programs at the inspectors’ expense...

Ken Rowe
11-14-2009, 11:13 PM
I use Home Gauge. It makes a beautiful report and has great photo editing software built in. The ability to change or add to their "canned" responses is great. However, it is a little cumbersome to get used to just because it does so many different things.

Chap Fichera
11-20-2009, 04:59 PM
I'm still trying to figure out which program I want to use. It's a toss up between Home Gauge and 3D. Each has features I like.

Also, 3D has an annual fee and I don't think Home Gauge does.

Chuck Lambert
11-20-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm still trying to figure out which program I want to use. It's a toss up between Home Gauge and 3D. Each has features I like.

Also, 3D has an annual fee and I don't think Home Gauge does.

3D does not have an annual fee they have an annual SUBSCRIPTION fee, what that does is gets you any and all updates for that year and they are constantly updating and making it better. The subscription fee is optional.

3D also offers regional and other specific Focus versions.

Chuck

Dan Harris
11-20-2009, 07:58 PM
3D does not have an annual fee they have an annual SUBSCRIPTION fee, what that does is gets you any and all updates for that year and they are constantly updating and making it better. The subscription fee is optional.

Chuck

I did not do the 3D upgrade subscription fee for years. Still don't.
What I did find out 2-3 years ago was, I needed an upgrade to work on the new Vista system, I did have to pay 4-500 to get the upgraded version.
Hopefully Windows 7 won't be a problem.

Once you get hooked on one system it's almost impossible to change with out some major reworking.

Bob Elliott
11-20-2009, 09:19 PM
I did not do the 3D upgrade subscription fee for years. Still don't.
What I did find out 2-3 years ago was, I needed an upgrade to work on the new Vista system, I did have to pay 4-500 to get the upgraded version.
Hopefully Windows 7 won't be a problem.

Once you get hooked on one system it's almost impossible to change with out some major reworking.

I agree that once you get used to system it is hard to change as you will always compare the features you liked and are missing in the new software.

I personally would feel lost if I did not have the exact look I have now on my reports after all the emails telling me how great my reports look .

My sections are color coded,left side index to jump to the sections,tons of pictures down loaded in seconds,compressed PDF ,auto summary generation,online storage and auto generated email link at report completion.
If any other software has all those things , please let me know.

Dan Harris
11-20-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree that once you get used to system it is hard to change as you will always compare the features you liked and are missing in the new software.

I personally would feel lost if I did not have the exact look I have now on my reports after all the emails telling me how great my reports look .

My sections are color coded,left side index to jump to the sections,tons of pictures down loaded in seconds,compressed PDF ,auto summary generation,online storage and auto generated email link at report completion.
If any other software has all those things , please let me know.

I think 3D has most if not all of them on their newer versions.

I assume the report system you use does all of above?
If so which one is it?

Bob Elliott
11-20-2009, 10:14 PM
I think 3D has most if not all of them on their newer versions.

I assume the report system you use does all of above?
If so which one is it?

Home Inspector Pro.
Dominic is a genius over there.

He never sleeps.

Dan Harris
11-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Home Inspector Pro.
Dominic is a genius over there.

He never sleeps.
Doms a good guy. If I were to switch I would give his system a strong consideration.
The only thing that concerns me, [after seeing the Inspect Vue deal, and a couple other new ones over the years] , about newer guys is how long are they going to be around
Talking about never sleeps, isn't 1 AM in Chigago? :D

Bob Elliott
11-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Doms a good guy. If I were to switch I would give his system a strong consideration.
The only thing that concerns me, [after seeing the Inspect Vue deal, and a couple other new ones over the years] , about newer guys is how long are they going to be around

No it is 11:30 right now.CT
I stay up late every night .
Tomorrow starts at 10:00 am
I try to schedule all after rush hour and usually avoid Sundays to catch my lousy Bears.

Dom is in this for the long haul and going nowhere soon, as he also has a great hosting service and lots of business now.

We have a poll going and he is already doing near double what HG is getting.
Quite amazing really.

Personally I think of HG as what I would use if not for HIP but I like the look and the index.

Online programs I like Horizon for the ease of use and illustration insert from their library.
The price of it is a little high at around $75 @mo however.

So if I was a new guy and afraid to commit I would go with Report Host as an on-line program that gives out 15 freebies to start with.

Not easy to customize but has structure.Printout is not so great though as it is HTML based.

Still HIP is the best bargain out there right now and One of the few that runs on Mac.
It is defiantly growing and evolving.
I looked at 3D but I guess the look was not for me though they do seem to have a following from being around a long time.

To me the rest are more minor players, though times always change.

I know Porter Valley wants to have a comeback under new management ,but that is yet to be seen.

Bob Elliott
11-20-2009, 10:46 PM
No it is 11:30 right now.CT
I stay up late every night .
Tomorrow starts at 10:00 am
I try to schedule all after rush hour and usually avoid Sundays to catch my lousy Bears.

Dom is in this for the long haul and going nowhere soon, as he also has a great hosting service and lots of business now.

We have a poll going and he is already doing near double what HG is getting.
Quite amazing really.

Personally I think of HG as what I would use if not for HIP but I like the look and the index.

Online programs I like Horizon for the ease of use and illustration insert from their library.
The price of it is a little high at around $75 @mo however.

So if I was a new guy and afraid to commit I would go with Report Host as an on-line program that gives out 15 freebies to start with.

Not easy to customize but has structure.Printout is not so great though as it is HTML based.

Still HIP is the best bargain out there right now and One of the few that runs on Mac.
It is defiantly growing and evolving.
I looked at 3D but I guess the look was not for me though they do seem to have a following from being around a long time.

To me the rest are more minor players, though times always change.

I know Porter Valley wants to have a comeback under new management ,but that is yet to be seen.

P.S these commercial inspection reports are killing me tonight.

Chap Fichera
11-21-2009, 06:53 AM

Chuck

That clears that up, thanks.

Dominic Maricic
11-25-2009, 01:29 PM

Don't worry Dan, I'm not going anywhere :cool: I started making Home Inspector Pro back in 2003/04. We haven't had a single month where we've sold less programs than the previous month (excluding December during our Holiday Specials). Between the software and website hosting, I have enough work to keep me busy until the year 2500. I'm hoping to have my clones long before then though!

InspectVue's problems wasn't that they were too small or new, it's that they sold it to a new company that isn't handling things like Keith & Lorne did.

Am I going to see you in Vegas in January?

Dan Harris
11-25-2009, 06:21 PM
Don't worry Dan, I'm not going anywhere :cool: I started making Home Inspector Pro back in 2003/04. We haven't had a single month where we've sold less programs than the previous month (excluding December during our Holiday Specials). Between the software and website hosting, I have enough work to keep me busy until the year 2500.
Am I going to see you in Vegas in January?

Hey Dom.
I'll be there.
At some point you will have to slow down, if you don't do it alone, that little cutie that you had with you in Scottsdale will have something to say about it, sooner or later. :)

Dominic Maricic
11-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Hey Dom.
I'll be there.
At some point you will have to slow down, if you don't do it alone, that little cutie that you had with you in Scottsdale will have something to say about it, sooner or later. :)

LOL. Very true. She's helping out on the website hosting end a lot now and we'll be hiring another person shortly.

I look forward to seeing you again. Maybe you can drag Dale there since he didn't show up in Vegas like he was supposed to last month!