PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling Tile

Jim Robinson
08-26-2009, 03:57 PM
Anyone ever known this type of fiberboard ceiling tile to contain asbestos? I would think no, but I'm not sure.

Raymond Wand
08-26-2009, 04:23 PM
It could and without laboratory testing no one would know definitively.

wayne soper
08-26-2009, 05:02 PM
How to recognize ceiling tiles that may contain asbestos - Asbestos Visual Identification in Buildings: How to find recognize, and identify asbestos or asbestos-containing materials in buildings by visual inspection methods - text about and photos of (http://www.inspect-ny.com/sickhouse/asbestoslookA.htm)

Don't you know everything contains asbestos:D

Raymond Wand
08-26-2009, 05:07 PM
I particularly like this line:

The larger suspended ceiling segment, 2'x4' in size (photo above right), was pushed aside to show the older layers of ceiling materials above. The suspended ceiling tile, if made of fiberglass or cellulose is not a likely asbestos fiber source.

Not likely? Thats definitive! :confused:;)

Michael Garrity
08-26-2009, 05:21 PM
Do you know when it was installed?

john_opwin
01-08-2010, 06:02 AM
Asbestos is a naturally occurring silicate mineral with long, thin fibrous crystals. The resulting condition of asbestos material in home is the whole house after this accident left with a sore chest, dry and unbearably iching skin and eyes. My wife complained of severe asthma. This all continued for five to six months. The material that I had removed was tested and found to contain 20% crysitile asbestos. So, I will advice you to consult it with expert.

John Arnold
01-08-2010, 07:27 AM
Asbestos is a naturally occurring silicate mineral with long, thin fibrous crystals. The resulting condition of asbestos material in home is the whole house after this accident left with a sore chest, dry and unbearably iching skin and eyes. My wife complained of severe asthma. This all continued for five to six months. The material that I had removed was tested and found to contain 20% crysitile asbestos. So, I will advice you to consult it with expert.

?? ... accident ...? What? You really need to write more understandable posts.

john_opwin
01-08-2010, 10:06 PM
I was just sharing my problem which was due to Asbestos. It may be possible that I was failed to express it properly. If I did so, then I feel apology for it.