PDA

View Full Version : Code book

Ryan Stouffer
09-02-2009, 01:14 PM
Does anyone have any input on what the best building code book is to buy? Can you get it on Amazon? Also, any recommendations on buying moisture meters?

Thanks,

Ryan

Michael Garrity
09-02-2009, 02:38 PM
ICCSafe Website Error (http://www.iccsafe.org/e/prodca)

Markus Keller
09-02-2009, 04:36 PM
I would recommend your 1st purchase being whatever Code book is used for your municipality. After that the Code book that is most used in your area. You can buy the books on amazon and other sites or direct from the ICC site.
WARNING! The ICC site is dangerous and hazardous to your credit card. I have never managed to go on their site and only buy what I had intended to. Other 'interesting and useful' books always seem to creep into the shopping cart.:)

A.D. Miller
09-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have any input on what the best building code book is to buy? Can you get it on Amazon? Also, any recommendations on buying moisture meters?

Thanks,

Ryan

RS: MK is indeed right about the ICC book store. Even if you are a member, the discount will only lure you into more purchases. First check out the public library's reference section. They should have a fair selection of the applicable codes in your area. Then, if you must buy code books I might suggest buying them on CD-ROM. They are much easier to search and you can cut and paste the info into your reports if you have a mind to.

Bob Harper
09-02-2009, 07:24 PM
If you join the ICC for $100, you get one code book free.