PDA

View Full Version : Hose Bibb and bathroom exhaust fan inside home

Ryan Stouffer
09-03-2009, 03:21 PM
As far as I know this is not allowed. What do you think?

Ryan Stouffer
09-03-2009, 03:24 PM
As far as I know this is not allowed. What do you think?

Rick Hurst
09-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Whats the difference in that one and say the one in the laundry room?;)

Jerry Peck
09-03-2009, 05:20 PM
That looks like an addition with the hose bibb not abandoned and the vent in what was the soffit now is in the ceiling.

There is nothing but common sense says they should not put a hose bibb inside like that.

"The floor" becomes the "waste receptor" and "the floor" does not meet any of the requirements for waste receptors, plumbing fixtures, waste fittings, or anything related to the DWV system.

- P2706.1 General. Every waste receptor shall be of an approved type. Plumbing fixtures or other receptors receiving the discharge of indirect waste pipes shall be shaped and have a capacity to prevent splashing or flooding and shall be readily accessible for inspection and cleaning. Waste receptors and standpipes shall be trapped and vented and shall connect to the building drainage system. A removable strainer or basket shall cover the waste outlet of waste receptors. Waste receptors shall be installed in ventilated spaces. Waste receptors shall not be installed in bathrooms or in any inaccessible or unventilated space such as a closet. Ready access shall be provided to waste receptors.
- - Exception: Open hub waste receptors shall be permitted in the form of a hub or pipe extending not less than 1 inch (25 mm) above a water-impervious floor, and are not required to have a strainer.

And for the exhaust fan, whatever it is from ...

- M1501.1 Outdoor discharge. The air removed by every mechanical exhaust system shall be discharged to the outdoors. Air shall not be exhausted into an attic, soffit, ridge vent or crawl space.
- - Exception: Whole-house ventilation-type attic fans that discharge into the attic space of dwelling units having private attics shall be permitted.

Jerry Peck
09-03-2009, 05:22 PM
Whats the difference in that one and say the one in the laundry room?;)

The one in the laundry room has a drainage connection supplied for its wastewater.

Rick Hurst
09-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Jerry,

Have you not ever seen a faucet as such in a home that has a indoor plant atrium? I've seen quite a few actually.

rick

mathew stouffer
09-03-2009, 08:24 PM
What about a faucet above the kitchen range used for filling large pots.

Jerry Peck
09-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Jerry,

Have you not ever seen a faucet as such in a home that has a indoor plant atrium? I've seen quite a few actually.

rick

And in the atrium, the hose bibb would drain down into the dirt, would it not? No different than a hose bibb being outside.

Jerry Peck
09-03-2009, 08:54 PM
What about a faucet above the kitchen range used for filling large pots.

And I've always had a problem with those too.

mathew stouffer
09-03-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh Jerry:)