PDA

View Full Version : Pools

Tom Rees
09-14-2009, 06:53 PM
Do any of you include any kind of disclaimer when you inspect a house with a pool?:D

wayne soper
09-14-2009, 07:54 PM
I inspect the visible areas, above water level, and disclaim all mechanicals and below water areas recommending inspection by pool pro as well as adding links or brochures on pool safety requirements.

Gunnar Alquist
09-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Do any of you include any kind of disclaimer when you inspect a house with a pool?:D

If I am not inspecting the pool, I recommend they have it inspected. I also look for proper fences.

Mitchell Toelle
09-14-2009, 09:25 PM

I have a contract that I use, developed by CREIA, that gives the general scope of the inspection. You can probably view it through their site. I know you can buy it on CD or individually in 3 part NCR. Go to the "Associations" button at the left of this post and search for CREIA. Then visit the site and see if viewing it is available. There may be other links there that will give an SOP.

Experience is key to success in our profession. There must be others in your community that are familiar with scope. Join an association such as ASHI and start attending meetings if they are available.

Mitchell Toelle
09-14-2009, 09:27 PM
I forgot to mention that if the pool is excluded I will still make comments regarding site safety, such as: access to the pool, exposed electrical, etc. My clients still need to know about these things. Then I stress the importance that they have the pool and equipment reviewed.

mike huntzinger
09-15-2009, 01:43 PM
here is my verbageLimitations: The following items are not included in this inspection: swimming pool bodies; equipment on timers, remote controls or sensors; underground or concealed piping; motorized covers; waterfalls and related equipment; Ozone generators; ultraviolet light systems; filter backflushing mechanisms. Any comments made regarding these items are as a courtesy only. Note that the inspector does not disassemble filters, remove pool covers, nor determine if swimming pool bodies, filters or skimmers leak, nor determine if swimming pool bodies are level.